+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2438911;
    We just bought a stainless steel refrigerator. I asked the saleswoman what to use to clean it and she said the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers or Skin So Soft. I used the Skin So Soft, and it came out beautiful. It got all the stickiness from the stickers too.
    I really hate to sound dumb - but I am not familiar with Avon products at all. When you refer to Skin So Soft - which product are you referring to? I went to the Avon website and there are about a kabillion products under that skin care line.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2689069;
    I really hate to sound dumb - but I am not familiar with Avon products at all. When you refer to Skin So Soft - which product are you referring to? I went to the Avon website and there are about a kabillion products under that skin care line.
    Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil. At one point it was just that... an oil you poured into your bath water and then it came out in a spray bottle too. I believe it is now called "Skin-So_Soft Original Bath oil".
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689110;
    Skin-So-Soft Bath Oil. At one point it was just that... an oil you poured into your bath water and then it came out in a spray bottle too. I believe it is now called "Skin-So_Soft Original Bath oil".
    Skin so soft never worked for me as mosquito repellant and just made me greasy.

Avon used to have this GREAT foot cream that really softened rough dry feet in just a few days. Of course, they no longer make it.

I now use kerasel and cotton socks to sleep in and its really made a difference on my rough dry feet.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;2689110;
    So let me get this right - it is recommended that I use a bath oil to clean my stainless appliances?? It just seems weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville;2689426;
    So let me get this right - it is recommended that I use a bath oil to clean my stainless appliances?? It just seems weird.
    That's what it sounds like. That wasn't my recommendation, and I never tried it so I can't speak to it. I don't have stainless steel except my microwave, and I just use a soft damp cloth.

I will endorse the white distilled vinegar as a good spot-cleaner for rugs though. Vinegar is also a good odor eliminator, so while the room smells like a salad for a short while, it dissipates and takes other odors with it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

What do you guys use for your wood furniture that has a lacquer finish? The website for the pieces said to use citrus oil and a cotton cloth rather than something like Lemon Pledge, which I guess can leave waxy buildup... (Oops--I've used that on my other furniture for years). I tried the citrus oil and even if I use just a tiny bit, it leaves a greasy residue on the wood. I tried a couple other products, but those made the wood look dull. I wonder if I should just risk the waxy buildup and go back to Pledge...any tips anyone?

FORT Fanatic

I would stay away from the Pledge. I've personally found that it builds up. Maybe this can help: Wood, Modern Lacquer Finish--Care and Cleaning

I use Pledge clean and dust, maybe it doesn't have as much wax in it, I don't know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2690711;
    What do you guys use for your wood furniture that has a lacquer finish? The website for the pieces said to use citrus oil and a cotton cloth rather than something like Lemon Pledge, which I guess can leave waxy buildup... (Oops--I've used that on my other furniture for years). I tried the citrus oil and even if I use just a tiny bit, it leaves a greasy residue on the wood. I tried a couple other products, but those made the wood look dull. I wonder if I should just risk the waxy buildup and go back to Pledge...any tips anyone?
    Lois, I've always used a damp cloth immediately followed by wiping with a soft, dry cloth. The shine would come right back using just that. There are "waxes" out there that don't leave the greasy residue. I believe Pledge even makes one.

I've always been a big fan of Lemon Oil on wooden furniture. "Old English" is the brand I usually see. I guess that's what they mean by "Citrus Oil". I usually wipe it on with one rag and wipe it off with another. Use it sparingly, too much gets a little oily.
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

+ Reply to Thread