+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Reading the last few posts, I'm going to recommend Nutro Indoor Formula Cat Food (the dry kind)--it does cost more than others, but how much does a cat eat? My cat threw up a lot when I got him, and now he never does it. Also it reduces the litter box odor after you've fed it a while, and it is hairball-control.

I love the Mr Clean scrubbers too--just have to watch it on certain shiny surfaces.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

We just bought a stainless steel refrigerator. I asked the saleswoman what to use to clean it and she said the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers or Skin So Soft. I used the Skin So Soft, and it came out beautiful. It got all the stickiness from the stickers too.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

There is a $7 coupon on the scrubbing bubbles website for their automatic shower cleaner started kit
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2438911;
    We just bought a stainless steel refrigerator. I asked the saleswoman what to use to clean it and she said the Mr. Clean Magic Erasers or Skin So Soft. I used the Skin So Soft, and it came out beautiful. It got all the stickiness from the stickers too.
    Seriously? I'm going to have to try that! We've had our stainless for about 4 years now and I have a heck of a time keeping it clean! With 3 boys in the house, it always looks streaked. We did find some stuff that works, but it's $14 for a tiny aerosol can! I'm definitely ordering some Skin So Soft.. Thank you very much for that wonderful tip!

katgib13 - Just be careful when you clean the stainless. The woman also told us to go WITH the grain (on mine it's side-to-side, but don't know if they're all like that). She said if you go against the grain, it looks like little scratches on it.

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

^ Yes, this is what happened to a friend of mine. She re-did her kitchen, spent a ton of money on new appliances, not to mention the new countertops, cabinets, floor, the works. And then after about a year, her stainless fridge showed the most wear with all these little scratches all over it. No one ever told her it would do that. The other appliances got it, too, but the fridge is more noticable, as it is the largest flat surface item, and it got cleaned/wiped down more often than the others...

Soeaking of Skin So Soft product, does it really work as a mosquito repellant, do you think? I've always heard this. Would be much safer to use than bug spray.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2487952;
    Soeaking of Skin So Soft product, does it really work as a mosquito repellant, do you think? I've always heard this. Would be much safer to use than bug spray.
    it really does - not sure what is in it, but it has always worked for me

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2487952;

It didn't work for me. The thing that works best for me is the new Off Soft and Dry or something like that.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Skin So Soft works great for me as a mosquito repellant, but I have heard several people say it doesn't work for them. I think it has something to do with your body chemistry or something.

My SIL just told me the other night her doctor told her to use it on her feet on the really dry patches. She said it works great!

+ Reply to Thread