+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2359137;
    I would love that set if it came in stainless steel, I don't care for the hard anodized aluminum. It's not dishwasher friendly
    I was just going to post that karna.

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2358360;
    I have those pots and pans, Unk, and I love them. I've had them for about 5 years now and they still look brand new. They are so easy to clean, too! Which is always a good thing!
    I've had mine for several years too. Everybody that has ever been here and helped me cook loves them. I just might order a set for the daughter. She's getting married in Sept. and that's a great price they have them at right now.
    I'm sure you'll love them SV.
    Last edited by Unklescott; 04-30-2007 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky;2355227;
    I love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!
    Me, too, rt1ky! I always wonder what is actually IN those things that makes them work?? They seem like they're just little foam squares....no chemical smell at all. They work on everything!
    Don't let the small things sweat

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Carpet cleaner / to clean up cat fullball stains

What do you all use to spot clean your carpets after your pet hacks up on them? (We have hardwood floors and tile in all but two rooms, and where does our cat throw up? ALWAYS IN THE TWO CARPETED ROOMS!!) We have a steam cleaner that we use to give it a thorough cleaning but we don't want to do that everytime the cat throws up a furball...so, what do you all use? We used a spot cleaner by Oxy and didn't love it...

Our cats prefer to yack up on the carpets too, Lois. Go figure.

I've never found a carpet spot remover that worked properly. And, of course, we've had light beige carpeting in our last two homes. I've finally hit on a winning combination, though - I use Lysol 4-in-1 wipes (the kind in the plastic tube) on the stain itself, then I spray it with Nature's Miracle, which is an odour/stain remover. Hasn't failed me yet.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2436841;
    Our cats prefer to yack up on the carpets too, Lois. Go figure.

I've never found a carpet spot remover that worked properly. And, of course, we've had light beige carpeting in our last two homes. I've finally hit on a winning combination, though - I use Lysol 4-in-1 wipes (the kind in the plastic tube) on the stain itself, then I spray it with Nature's Miracle, which is an odour/stain remover. Hasn't failed me yet.
    Thanks AJane! I've already got those 4-in-1 wipes and will look for Nature's Miracle on my next trip to the store.

Well, how stupid are we (me and my husband...NOT you!)? After having beige carpeting, we got new carpeting...beige again. Looks nice--until the cat does his business on there. I know he can't help it but for the love of Pete, yack it up on the tile...please!

Cookwear

Thanks for the directions to QVC, Unk ...

I just looked at this 11-pc set:

Cook's Essentials Hardcoat Enamel II 11-piece Cookware Set at QVC

It's under $100 ( introductory price ) and is available in 5 colors. It is Hardcoat Enamel ... and for me this will be "dishwasher safe" since I have 2 of them attached to my arms.

I just thought others might be interested ... and also looking for opinions ?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Re: Carpet cleaner / to clean up cat fullball stains

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2436833;
    What do you all use to spot clean your carpets after your pet hacks up on them? (We have hardwood floors and tile in all but two rooms, and where does our cat throw up? ALWAYS IN THE TWO CARPETED ROOMS!!) We have a steam cleaner that we use to give it a thorough cleaning but we don't want to do that everytime the cat throws up a furball...so, what do you all use? We used a spot cleaner by Oxy and didn't love it...
    I used all kinds of things, some worked, some didn't. We actually have basically WHITE carpet (got the carpet before the dog... ) so after awhile it got really dingy looking. I splurged on a professional cleaning and got the protectant sprayed on (I'm talking $400 for 2 rooms, 10 stairs and a hallway). The carpet techs recommended using only white vinegar to clean up accidents from then on. I was skeptical, but it works really well! It has to have something to do with the protectant they put on, but everything from animal messes to spaghetti comes out perfectly. It was well worth the $400.

Spoose, is the proctectant safe for animals? I would hate for my cat to lick the carpet and get sick! And how do you clean it with vinegar? Just dab it on with a sponge or a paper towel? Does the whole room smell like vinegar afterwards then? (Or do you the blot it with a little water to "rinse"?) I'm learning so many things! Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2437804;
    Spoose, is the proctectant safe for animals? I would hate for my cat to lick the carpet and get sick! And how do you clean it with vinegar? Just dab it on with a sponge or a paper towel? Does the whole room smell like vinegar afterwards then? (Or do you the blot it with a little water to "rinse"?) I'm learning so many things! Thanks all!
    As I mentioned in the pet thread, I keep vinegar in a spray bottle (I use it for cleaning absolutely everything) so I just spritz a little on what needs to be cleaned and then rub it with a cloth, followed by another spritzing if necessary. The vinegar smell does not last long at all - if I leave the room and come back two minutes later there is no smell. And since I clean the entire house with vinegar you might think that some odour would remain, but when I come back home after a few hours (the time when you notice all odd smells in your house), there is no smell. Not of vinegar, anyway. And best of all, vinegar is not harmful to pets, humans or the world at large. And second best of all, it's unbelievably cheap. And third best of all, you can still use it to mix up a salmon salad.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2437804;
    Yes, they assured me the protectant was safe for animals. 90% of their customers have animals (and they're the main reason why they're getting a carpet cleaning!) and our dog had absolutely no problems after it was done.

If the mess is still damp, I blot it with a dry paper towel, then soak another paper towel with the vinegar and blot. If it's a big mess, I actually pour a few tablespoons of the vinegar directly on the carpet, let it sit a minute or two, and blot it up. If I have time I'll blot it again with water to 'rinse'. And there's no strong vinegar smell.

The carpet guy reminded me several times to use plain white vinegar only (apparently one customer repeatedly used balsamic vinegar and couldn't figure out why the carpet looked worse afterwards )

+ Reply to Thread