+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 30 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

I bought the Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaning kit yesterday, and it had the caddy with it. I got it at Target, though. Of course, I had to spray it as soon as it was up. I was standing on the toilet so I could observe the spraying pattern. I loved the clean smell it left when I opened the shower door this morning. Even if it doesn't clean, I'm going to love that daily fresh scent.

Even more coincidentally, we picked up some CFL bulbs, too. We got a mixture of the different "shades." I don't like the yellow tint at all, so I'll be getting the daylight look. There is an adjustment because initially they don't look as bright, but in actuality they are. I'm looking forward to not contributing to the coffers of my utility department.

Ok, here is proof that the Scrubbing Bubbles shower kit is safe. A couple of weeks ago my mom was helping me in my dad's house and stopped by my house to take a shower before going out with friends. She didn't know what one was and, while trying to figure it out, pushed the button.....while still in the shower. She got seriously clean but survived.

Quote Originally Posted by ShrinkingViolet;2229045;
    I was standing on the toilet so I could observe the spraying pattern.
    I would be willing to bet that everyone who has bought one has done that. I did and I know of several other people that have too.

Dags that's hysterical about your mom.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2229359;
    I would be willing to bet that everyone who has bought one has done that. I did and I know of several other people that have too.
    I hadn't even thought of doing that! I watched it through the glass doors though and it seemed to hit all the panes. My toilet seat is plastic so I don't think I'll be taking any chances. But I do have a step ladder. Tomorrow I'll spy on it and see where it sprays.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Okay, I've been lazy. So far I haven't stood on anything to watch the cleaner, and I decided my shower needed a good cleaning before the cleaning, if that makes sense. So yesterday I cleaned it really good and then let the scrubber do its thing. But since the shower was clean, I can't tell yet how well it will do. I'll be able to see in about a week I guess.

As for the shower caddy, that really bugged me that I didn't get one that had one. I saw one yesterday at another store that had the caddy but I couldn't justify buying a second unit just for the caddy. I don't know why they couldn't sell it separately. Anyway, while at Walmart, I found a nice over the shower stall caddy that has now solved all my problems. I didn't even know they made them to go over the stall, as I've only ever seen the kind that go over the shower head. Now I'm happy. All my shampoos are back in the shower. The husband is going to see it and probably just shake his head .
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Steam Cleaners

Has any one had any experience with the hand held steam cleaners. You know the ones, eg: scunci, euro pro shark.

I have been thinking about getting one but do they really work like the infomercials say?

Quote Originally Posted by catmom3;2306376;
    Has any one had any experience with the hand held steam cleaners. You know the ones, eg: scunci, euro pro shark.

I have been thinking about getting one but do they really work like the infomercials say?
    Yes they do although they're a little cumbersome. Hubby used ours once but hasn't used it since, I'm guessing because it's a pain.

I LOVE Fantastick! It even works on the toughest Indian spices stains...tumeric powder stains like crazy. Without Fantastick, my kitchen would be a yellow mess.
    "Pluck not the wayside flower..." William Allingham

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

I love the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser!

Re: What Household Products Do You Use?

I use the keyboard cleaner stuff for everything. No idea what it's called...it has the little straw on the end and blows out air? Anyway, it works for hard to reach places that you can't dust...like behind the entertainment center....it blows the dust right out of there. I also use it in my car to clean the vents when they get dusty. It's quicker than using a q-tip.

+ Reply to Thread