+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    I wash a lot of my clothes inside out as well...My question is, do you all bleach your whites? I like to, but what do you do when you have a white t-shirt with some colored patterns on it? I've noticed that this shirt looks way dingier than my other white shirts 'cause I don't bleach it...

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2213126;
    Also, I thought it was Dreft detergent for babies?
    It is, just like Johnson's baby oil and shampoo were created for babies, but adults can use them, too. The idea is that Dreft was created for babies' sensitive and delicate skin, so it works great for women's (and men's, I suppose, although do men actually have any dainties?) delicate clothes. I have a friend who used to work as a stylist a while ago who told me that she handwashes her cashmere sweaters in Dreft, rather than dry cleaning them. She said it's better for the wool.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213375;
    To avoid this, I switched a few months ago to those dryer balls that are always in the "as seen on TV" section of stores, although I've never seen them on TV.
    Last edited by Lois Lane; 01-24-2007 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2215121;
    It is, just like Johnson's baby oil and shampoo were created for babies, but adults can use them, too. The idea is that Dreft was created for babies' sensitive and delicate skin, so it works great for women's (and men's, I suppose, although do men actually have any dainties?) delicate clothes. I have a friend who used to work as a stylist a while ago who told me that she handwashes her cashmere sweaters in Dreft, rather than dry cleaning them. She said it's better for the wool.
    Oh I know but they were calling it Drell and I said I thought it was Dreft, unless there is another brand Drell

Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2215276;
    Oh I know but they were calling it Drell and I said I thought it was Dreft, unless there is another brand Drell
    Oops, that was my fault. I made that mistake and then was too stupid to realize what you meant!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;2215039;
    I think those shower caddies have been discontinued according to their website.

I saw a commercial on TV tonight during Primetime and it showed the scrubbing bubbles shower cleaner WITH the shower caddy.

I also got an email tonight that had coupons for scrubbing bubble products and it states under the shower cleaner "Limited Time: Look for the bonus pack with a free shower caddy. "

I'm going to check it out next time I go shopping.

Wow, that's wild. Back when I emailed them about my problem their website showed the caddy and said it was no longer available. I wanted one too. I haven't redeemed my coupon for a replacement yet so I'm going looking for one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2215474;
    Oops, that was my fault. I made that mistake and then was too stupid to realize what you meant!!!!
    That's okay, if you had just read my post and not the previous ones it probably didn't make much sense. I probably should have quoted the post where they said "Drell"

Lois Lane - I use CLorox 2 powder non-bleach on my white load, and it DOES really make a difference in making them whiter! When I don't use it, I can sure tell a difference. They aren't as snowy-white. It's safe even for white shirts with a little printing on them, because it's non-chlorinated. Try it!
    Another good one to use is "Biz". It's also non-chlorine bleach. I feel these two products whiten just as well as liquid Clorox bleach..and are much safer to use on fabrics. Ive noticed over time, Clorox bleach really "eats" the fibers.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2217181;
    Lois Lane - I use CLorox 2 powder non-bleach on my white load, and it DOES really make a difference in making them whiter! When I don't use it, I can sure tell a difference. They aren't as snowy-white. It's safe even for white shirts with a little printing on them, because it's non-chlorinated. Try it!
    Another good one to use is "Biz". It's also non-chlorine bleach. I feel these two products whiten just as well as liquid Clorox bleach..and are much safer to use on fabrics. Ive noticed over time, Clorox bleach really "eats" the fibers.
    Ooh, thanks for the tip! I'll have to try both.

Once, I was going to bleach some dirty white t-shirts and I let them soak in a little Clorox but forgot to check on them...yup...they were eaten through! Oh well, I never made that mistake again!!!

I think even repeated washings in Clorox bleach is hard on fabrics, as well. I wash very carefully, and noticed some of my dh white under shirts getting tiny little holes in them after I'd put them in a "white load"..warm-hot water, and some Clorox bleach mixed in with my detergent. It still was too harsh on the fabric. That's when I started using the non-chlorine powdered bleaches like Clorox2 or Biz.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Okay you guys, I got my scrubbing bubbles kit today. I couldn't find one with the caddy you all were talking about . Fortunately my shower has some built in holders for shampoo and such. I had to take down my caddy with all my shampoos. My husband was asking me yesterday did I really need all of them. Well, yes, yes I do. There's the dandruff control, the volumizing, the one for brown hair, the one for shiny hair... . Needless to say, I decided he was right so there are just two kinds in there now and I'll just store the rest under the sink and rotate them out.

Oh, and it was $15.91 at the commissary and coupled with my $5 off coupon, I got it for $10.91! So if it doesn't work that well I won't feel too bad.

And since some of you were raving about the flourescent bulbs, I picked up two. They are both smaller in size than the humongous ones I usually see. Both by Sylvania and one puts out 60w and the other 40w - I mean they put out less but they are supposed to be as compared to those watts of the regular kind. They actually look okay. We'll see if they last 7 and 5 years respectivelly as they claim.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 02-04-2007 at 12:46 PM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

+ Reply to Thread