+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: What Household Products Do You Use?

I think a lot of keeping clothes from fading has to do with how you wash the clothing, too. I use liquid Tide, and have no problem at all with fading. I also wash my nicer dark clothing in cold water/gentle, short cycle, and hang it up to dry. I think the dryer causes pilling on clothing.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Fogey
    Dryer sheets and fabric softeners will also cause clothes to fade, as well as for the fabrics to break down faster. To avoid this, I switched a few months ago to those dryer balls that are always in the "as seen on TV" section of stores, although I've never seen them on TV. They are not perfect in preventing static cling, but they're better than nothing at all and seem to be much better on fabrics than dryer sheets were.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I've noticed stains on some of my clothes from fabric softner. I actually stopped using it on my good clothes. The only thing I really use it for now are towels and blankets.(which most of the time I forget to add)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    One other trick to keep clothes from fading you may already know, but if not...turn them inside out to wash (you can spot soap any spills on the outside first). I had one of those "duh!" moments when I noticed that my old jeans were darker on the inside than the outside a few years ago.... After all, a lot of what you want to wash off them is smells/oils from your body anyway.

PWS - I turn my clothes inside out too, to prevent fading. I read this somewhere on a web site. I think it really does prevent fading, as well as pilling on cottons and sweaters. I hate those little pilling balls!

I've always turned my printed t shirts inside out to keep the print looking good, but hadn't heard it could prevent the pill ball things-- I'll have to try that.
    More cleaning things I like-- I just bought the Swiffer Wet Jet a couple of weeks ago, and am in love with it, so I wasn't happy to see that a hoax email is going around about it. I think I might go buy a whole case of the cleaner for it, just in case they stop making it like they do most things I like. It's that good, and takes maybe a third of the time of mopping the other way if that long!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I don't have the Swiffer Wet mop, but I have the Clorox wet mop. I like it real well for quick mop jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;2214301;
    I don't have the Swiffer Wet mop, but I have the Clorox wet mop. I like it real well for quick mop jobs.
    I have the Clorox one too, but have used the Swiffer Wet mop on the job and prefer it much more. If I hadn't already bought mine I would definitely go with the Swiffer.

I always turn my clothes inside out to wash them, and have very little fading. Most of my dark clothes I can wear for a long time and they still look nice. My husband has a red tee-shirt from his gym that I've been washing inside out and then I saw a friend of ours that had a matching one. He obviously did not turn his inside out to wash as it was very faded. So I told him my trick. I think since they were side by side and he could see how much fading there was he was grateful for the suggestion. (Meanwhile I'm hoping he doesn't think I'm some bossy woman telling him how to do his laundry!).

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2213144;
    You all have me curious with the scrubbing bubbles thing. I was intrigued by it when it first came out. However, I depend on the shower caddy that I have hanging from my shower head. Since i won't give that up, I can't hang the scrubbing bubbles thing there instead. Do any of you who have them know if the spray in them is the regular scrubbing bubbles cleaner, or if it is something else? If it's just the regular cleaner, I'd be willing to spray it manually around my shower each day to have both a clean shower and a shower caddy.
    Veruka,
    I bought my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner thingy at Target and it came with a shower caddy that fit over the unit and had suckers on the back to hold it in place. If you can find it you may get the best of both worlds.

I love ours. I've never seen our glass shower doors look better!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmoj;2214809;
    Veruka,
    I bought my Scrubbing Bubbles shower cleaner thingy at Target and it came with a shower caddy that fit over the unit and had suckers on the back to hold it in place. If you can find it you may get the best of both worlds.

I love ours. I've never seen our glass shower doors look better!
    I think those shower caddies have been discontinued according to their website.

+ Reply to Thread