+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233

Thread: I eat it...you might think it's weird

Think outside of the box MissLibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama View Post
    Me!Me!Me!.......yummm...shame on you..now I'm craving that.....(recipe for myrosiedog or just in case anyone was interested)....

Chocolate Gravy
    3 tb Cocoa
    1 c Sugar
    2 tb Flour
    2 c Milk
    2 tb Butter
    2 ts Vanilla Extract

Mix the cocoa, sugar, and flour together. Add the milk, making sure it mixes smoothly. Heat (medium) and stir constantly until it thickens. This takes about 8 minutes. Take off of heat. Add butter. Stir until it is melted and mixed. Add vanilla and stir until mixed.

Serve hot over buttered biscuits. Buttered toast will do in a pinch.
    Awesome, I'm totally going to try chocolate gravy.

When I was little I would only eat macaroni with Campbell's condensed tomato soup as the sauce. I had a babysitter try to give me regular pasta sauce and I refused to eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post

My father-in-law and many other older southerners I know would crumble up cornbread in a glass and pour buttermilk (or what he called "clabber" on it) and eat it with a spoon. I've seen others do this too. And I think its GROSS because while I LOVE cooking with buttermilk, it is gross to drink.

Oh wow. I haven't heard 'clabber' since I was a kid! The other word is when regular milk soured, it was called 'blinky'.

Yeah, we did the cornbread thing. My Mom would put buttermilk on her cornbread while my Dad and I would put regular milk on it. I recently introduced it to my son and he's crazy about it.

You reminded me of something else my Mom and Grandma and Great-grandma used to do. They used to take a homemade biscuit and crumble it into a cup of coffee and then add sugar. However, this generational delicacy ended with me.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......
    Quote Originally Posted by whitecat View Post
    Oh wow. I haven't heard 'clabber' since I was a kid! The other word is when regular milk soured, it was called 'blinky'.

Yeah, we did the cornbread thing. My Mom would put buttermilk on her cornbread while my Dad and I would put regular milk on it. I recently introduced it to my son and he's crazy about it.

You reminded me of something else my Mom and Grandma and Great-grandma used to do. They used to take a homemade biscuit and crumble it into a cup of coffee and then add sugar. However, this generational delicacy ended with me.
    Count me in on the regular milk with cornbread...or when I was little my grandmother would crumble up crackers in milk for me..not as good as cornbread tho! Gosh, I haven't had that in so long...it always makes me think about my grandparents tho........funny how little things like that bring back memories!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread