+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Geocaching, anyone?

Tracylee, did you appeal to his sense of technology? All men have it. He gets to hold the GPS

This seems so cool! I went and put in my zip code and there are caches withen 5 miles of me! My heart actually started to race. I soo need a gps system. Looking for "treasure" would difinately something the family would love to do! Do any of you take metal detectors with you? My brother has been doing that for awhile but hasn't found anything worth finding.

Yesterday evening I found two caches within twelve minutes of each other on oposite sides of town. It was so much fun. I got a coin out of each one.

Today my daughter and I walked along a bridge over a major resevoir in our area but found 0 out of 10 caches. We only got 1/3 of the way across the bridge so maybe there is hope for me yet on one of these. This is addictive so I need to pace myself.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

What about the cell phones with GPS like my Nextel Motorola i710, would that work for geocaching?

There are 4116 caches near me, I guess I could do this.... I have no money for a GPS unit, though.

There are a bunch of them near me that I think I can find without the GPS. A couple of them I pass everyday going to work. I am difinately stopping tomorrow on my way home.

Quote Originally Posted by charity
    What about the cell phones with GPS like my Nextel Motorola i710, would that work for geocaching?
    If you can get GPS coordinates from your cell phone, or even better, enter them in and have it tell you which direction to head, then yes, you could.

John, have you found any intersting caches lately?

or anyone else for that matter?
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Unfortunately, I haven't had a lot of time lately to get out there. I've been in Chicago, and I'm sure there are a few around here. One of these days... I have the GPS unit with me, I just haven't used it.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I've been in Chicago, and I'm sure there are a few around here.
    Can you use it to find the trolley to the Navy Pier?

+ Reply to Thread