+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Geocaching, anyone?

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Have any of you done geocaching?

Briefly defined, "geocaching" is high-tech treasure hunting for items of little or no value which have been intentionally placed by other geocachers. For more details, check out Geocaching - The Official Global GPS Cache Hunt Site.

We were in Flagstaff over the weekend and found 3 geocaches within walking distance of our hotel. One was hidden in a pile of fake dog poo (the first time we've ever seen one of those!).

Anyone else try this unique hobby?
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Geocaching, anyone?

My thanks to Unklescott for linking me to this thread. I tried to search for it, but was unsuccessful in finding it.

Kind of ironic given the topic. LOL.
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

I am always surprised how hard it is to find this thread using the search function.
    I have two hobbies I love. Geocaching and watching tv. My favorite show right now is The Walking Dead. There is going to be a geocaching event where TWD has been filmed in July. I have just got a bunch of my favorite geocachers to agree to go to the event and take a geocaching tour of TWD filming places. It's like my two worlds have collided and it is FABULOUS!! LOL I am so excited. I haven't cached in a while and it has always been my favorite way to explore new places. And I am seriously obsessed with TWD so this should satisfy the craving until the new season starts.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

This looks like fun! Do you just use a GPS like the one you use in a car?

Yes you can use the same gps you use for your car as long as you're able to put coordinates into it. I'm not really tech savvy but I know there are apps for smart phones and things like that. Go to geocaching.com and you will find lots of information. Or you can ask to join the Alabama geocachers on facebook. There are all kinds of geocaching groups but the Alabama one is my favorite. Lots of nice informative people who can help with any of the tech questions you have.
    awesomekina23 likes this.
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

FORT Newbie

sounds great

FORT Newbie

how to go geocaching?

+ Reply to Thread