+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Geocaching, anyone?

I had a few like that around here too. Before I got my GPS I used to go to the cache area and start looking. I've spent many hours on a cache to find it easily as soon as I started using a GPS. But now that I've found them whenever I drive past them I go through withdrawl. I miss not being able to look for it.

Well I don't know if I had my geocaching anniversary or not. I signed up 6/14 but didn't find my first cache til 8/9. Thats kind of embaressing.
    I've now found 253 caches, attended 4 events, and lost 15lbs. I don't want to sound dramatic and say geocaching has changed my life but it has difinatly enhanced it. Have I thanked you yet this month John for turning me onto it?

You're not the first person I've seen who lost weight after starting to geocache! I guess it really gets you out there.

My daughter is almost riding without training wheels, so I've got some biking caches planned for the near future.

in my rocking chair, on my porch of bitterness
    We just set up our first cache! It's GCXXRZ, "RWC Dome".

We set it up about 7pm, entered it on geocaching.com at abou 9pm, it got approved about 1am, and sometime in the 8 hours since then somebody already found it!

Thats awesome! And hey its only 2004.1 miles from me! I'll be sure to grab it next time I'm in the area.
    Actually I might be in the area next year. Is Redwood City near Big Bear? Thats where my parents are from. Big Bear is having a huge event this weekend. I seriously wish I could go. They have prizes from sponsers like Garmin and Megellan. Looks like its going to be a huge deal. Its called Big Bear Cache Bash II. GCW16V To bad my parents don't cache.: lol

I'm hosting an event next month! I'm so excited. The event page is listed. Its at http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-ba9cd2078b89 GCYEMP

I expect all of you from B'ham to be there. Seriously it is open to the public so if anyones interested just stop on by. Its going to be a potluck lunch, I'll be providing the hamburgers and hot dogs. We'll play games and have prizes. Its going to be fun so come if you can!

Wow, cool! Some day we'll get across country to find each other's caches!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Todays my big day. Todays the day I host my big event. I find out if I can throw a party for 100 people in a state park. Ya'll wish me luck!

How did it go? So did you set up a bunch of caches especially for the event or was it more of a meet n' greet?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I have a little geocatching-related story to share. It can easily go in the how stupid are you thread, too. A couple of years ago, before I moved in my house, I lived in an apartment that faced a park. One night, I saw a person park his car, get a shovel out, go under a bunch of trees and dig. My first reaction was, omg, he's burying somebody...Just lately, reading this thread and going on the site that tells you where things are buried, did I realize he was probably trying to find an object or bury one.

+ Reply to Thread