+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite gift?

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.

What was your favorite gift?

I have severval birthday gifts and a gift for Father's Day that I need to get. I'm just looking for ideas.

My favorite gift of all time was a year supply of toilet paper, paper towels, dish washing liquid, laundry detergent, body soap, shampoo and kleenex. I hate spending money on stuff that just flushes away. Getting that for Christmas from my parents freed up a lot of money that I could spend on what I wanted. It was a nice gift. I would have been happy with a month worth of the stuff , but a year really was cool!
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

hmmm... a skirt, or a really elegant cute dress

Not that I have anything against those that are different, but chances are that rt1ky's father perhaps won't enjoy skirts & cute dresses as much (but hey, I live in California where anything goes, so it's definitely not unheard of... )

I'd say if he's into sports or something, perhaps get him a couple of tickets to a game somewhere or theater tickets or concert tickets or something... (if money is an issue, we've lately been getting very nice tickets on ebay for pretty cheap). My sister in law has been giving us tickets to things for the past 3-4 years now, and I really love it and am looking forward to it every year now

Good luck with your presents, I'm sure they'll love it, no matter what you come up with It's the thought & the fact that you remember them that counts.
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Feifer - what a great idea! I know what my kids will be getting as gifts!

Subscriptions to magazines are good.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    Not that I have anything against those that are different, but chances are that rt1ky's father perhaps won't enjoy skirts & cute dresses as much (but hey, I live in California where anything goes, so it's definitely not unheard of... )

My mother can't even get him to wear a sweater. I may get some gift certificates to clothing stores.

Feifer's idea was great. That's a gift that I could use on muliple occasions. I recently donated several gifts to a local yard sale. They were gifts that do nothing but sit around and collect dust, like elaborate paper weights huge arrangements of felt flowers.

Thanks.

Or...if you've got a "Sharper Image" or a "Brookstone" store nearby where you live... I just know that my husband LOVES going in there and checking out all the neat inventions, and they do indeed have a lot of smart things in a variety of price ranges... When I go shopping for gifts for my dad, that is where I go, & anything I've gotten from there so far have been a big hit

(Not everything is so useful, but there are a lot of great conversation pieces for sure... lol )
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Things Happen............ J1NVUPatricia's Avatar
    Well there's a lot:

1. One of my favorites that I remember from my childhood was when I was about seven and I woke up on Christmas and there was a Barbie bike there. I was so happy because I really did'nt tell Santa (my parents) that I wanted it. I always wanted it but never said anything.

2. My second favorite gift was all of my name jewelery. My name chain I got Christmas of 2003. My name bracelet I got Christmas 2004 and my name earrings I got on my birthday in 2004.

3. My third favorite gift was from my boyfriend on Valentine's day he bought me a Teddy Bear and a single pink rose. It was beautiful.

4. My last but not least is a bracelet that my boyfriend got me from Disney World. I wear it every single day.

I just want to say Thank You to everyone who got me these gifts!
    Love is very complicated and complex thing that can be expressed in many different ways. No one really knows the true meaning of love.
    Love Always Patricia

I believe I posted this last year. When my son (now 28) was about 8 he bought me a plaster cowboy figurine about 6" tall. He picked it out and bought it with his own money. I don't collect cowboy stuff. My home is not decorated in western motif, but to me that is one of the most special things I've ever received. It's sitting here on my desk.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I believe I posted this last year. When my son (now 28) was about 8 he bought me a plaster cowboy figurine about 6" tall. He picked it out and bought it with his own money. I don't collect cowboy stuff. My home is not decorated in western motif, but to me that is one of the most special things I've ever received. It's sitting here on my desk.

Those things are always the best! When Lori was, gosh, about 10, I'd say, she mowed lawns to earn enough money to buy a doll she thought I'd really like. I don't collect dolls - but I do still have that one prominently displayed on my bookcase, along with the homemade stuff scrapped together over the years.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast