+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: What was your favorite gift?

FORT Fan
    My favorite gift was my kitty. She was given to me for Christmas.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Thanks for the ideas.
    My favorite gift was a card that my parents got me when I was having a rough time in college. It basically said that they loved me and that from the day I was born, they knew that I was going to leave a wonderful mark on the world.

Leia-Jakita-Arendt OnMyLunchBreak's Avatar
    I love getting flowers on my birthday or any time...it makes me feel so special (especially if they arrive at work).

For a few years I've been buying and doing puzzles by an artist named Schim Schimmel. i kept saying to everyone I knew how much I loved his work. I also bought a few duo-tangs and noteboooks just for his artwork on the cover.

Well a few months before my wedding my mom innocently asked me which one out of all my schimmel puzzles I prefed, then took away the box behind my back and asked her friend who is a painter to make a reproduction out of it. Then she gave it to me as my wedding present. I loved it so much that the next year I asked that lady to make me another one.

If he's into art but does not own much artwork, buying him one could be nice
    Wrigleys Doublemint Gum....double your pleasure, double your fun!

While I've received countless great gifts in the past, the first one that popped into my mind as I read this thread was one I gave about a week ago.

My cousin very selflessly gave up all of her summer holiday time (about 2 weeks) to fly 2 provinces away to be with my mom while I underwent a very risky surgery. I was in ICU and very 'out of it' for about 10 days and I couldn't imagine my mom going through that alone so I was very very grateful that my cousin could be with her.

So last week I handed her an envelope with 2 "Champagne Tickets" for a hot-air-balloon ride, which she has always wanted to do but couldn't afford. The look on her face was priceless...and, if you ask me, the best part of gift-giving!
    Don't let the small things sweat

I would never have thought of a baloon ride. That would make a great anniversary ot Valentine's Day gift. I hope your cousin enjoyed it.

The best gift I've ever gotten was the gift of my beautiful baby girl, Ashley-Chan.

My favorite gift I ever got was a 1:24 scale customized police car that my husband gave to me. I collect police cars, and he had a 1:24 sport trac (thats my truck, which is like #2 on my list of people/things I love the most in this world.... lol) customized and made into a genuine replica of the local police cars. (Genuine replica despite the fact that there are no Sport Trac police cars cruising around but apart from that, logos and lights and everything are perfect).

Anyway...that was the best gift I ever got... that and my Sideshow WETA Aragorn statue...also from my husband.... (he knows how to surprise me...
    "He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how."

Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky
    :They were gifts that do nothing but sit around and collect dust, like elaborate paper weights huge arrangements of felt flowers.
    I collect paperweights, and the right ones can be very pricey. You might want to check on ebay next time to make sure you're not sitting on one worth hundreds of dollars.

My dad likes getting fresh loose tea from gourmet shops - something he loves, but doesn't spend the money on for himself.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I collect paperweights, and the right ones can be very pricey. You might want to check on ebay next time to make sure you're not sitting on one worth hundreds of dollars.

My dad likes getting fresh loose tea from gourmet shops - something he loves, but doesn't spend the money on for himself.
    I already gave them away. they were cute. They were glass with glass fish "swimming" on the inside. But at least I'll know for next time.

+ Reply to Thread