+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Anyone?

Vacation Anyone?

Are you going anywhere soon? Where are you going?
    Business, pleasure or both?

I am so excited because I am going to the coast this weekend. My parents had planned to go to San Francisco but the trip got cancelled, so my wonderful mother said Hey, I already asked for the time off at work, so why don't you go away for the weekend?
    Didn't have to ask me twice!

So, off I go. The only thing I will miss is no online acces for the weekend so, no FORT
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

i'm leaving for seattle for a much needed escape from reality on wednesday night. i'm coming home EARLY a.m. on sunday. i'll be having my fort withdrawals also.

funny, i had 2 of my girl friends call yesterday and both suggested that we needed to go to florida or something to just get away. apparently, we texans are overworked.

or overmommed, in my case.

Modesty is up there in that area Sher. I was thinking last week that since a FORT convention is probably a ways off, we should try to have lunch or whatever when we visit each others areas.
    It would be cool to see how many of us can hook up that way.

that would be cool, but this weekend, i plan on resting at my friend's place with no plans.... i've never been to seattle, so i'm looking forward to it!

Sher, my best friend lives in Seattle and is the star of a fun, fun, fun show called Teatro Zinzanni. It's a dinner theatre and the performers are mostly Europeans who also perform with Cirque du Soleil. It is SO fun. It's also kind of expensive ($100), but worth every penny.

Let me know if you have any questions about Seattle.

I am way overmommed, but have not inpending escape. I just need a day to do nothing in particular to recharge my mommy batteries. I want to go to another B&B with my hubby. I need two nights in a row though and I am not sure if Granny and Pa can handle that much of my chilins. They are getting kind of old.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Washington State is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. I am sure you will enjoy it, just be sure to get out and look around.

Originally posted by shersidhe
    apparently, we texans are overworked.
    That we are!
    Ugh...I need to get away from my workplace. I'll be flying to South Texas tomorrow night (Tuesday) to go visit my folks. I'll be back by Friday.

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Well, I've lined up my in-laws to watch the kids once the youngest starts sleeping through the night. I'm looking at taking a few days off in April and taking my wife for a drive to Santa Fe and stay in a B&B and relax for a few days. Should be fun - we've not had a trip of any kind in close to three years - AUGH!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast