+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Vacation Anyone?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Just got back yesterday from 4 days in sunny Los Angelese. Excellent club show - Kid Rock jam session with all kinds of musicians - being grammy week and all. Possibly a couple too many vodka tonics, but fun nonetheless. Front row again. (I learned to throw a mean elbow from Karl Malone.) I stayed right on the Sunset Strip - very much like SLC during the day - but after the sun goes down? Whole 'nuther story.

All kinds of celebs at the club (if anyone asks - Cameron Diaz - umm, nope - not pretty, not nice. Did I mention not pretty?). I love how everyone in the club was walking around trying to either look like a celeb or look to see if someone WAS a celeb. Fun to watch.

Then the grammys were Sunday night. Never seen so many people in my life. No elbows thrown, however. Plus, I met some very, very nice people.

It was an enjoyable and successful vacation.

I'm just finishing up my Utah vacation. I give two big thumbs up to Moab and surrounding environs. Arches National Park is absolutely amazing. If you don't mind doing a little hiking, you can see some unbelievable sights. Even if you just drive around to the various viewpoints, it's spectacular. I also loved the two parts of Canyonlands National Park we went to. If you have a four wheel drive or rent one of the numerous jeeps available in the area, you can see even more. Dead Horse Point State Park gives you an incredible view. You can see the Colorado River bend around from above and can see the buttes and mesas for miles with the Lasal Mountains in the background. There is also plenty of great whitewater rafting on the Colorado and Green Rivers (right now the water is a little high though), a gazillion mountain bike trails, and a lot of rock art sites. I'll definitely go back again some day.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678