+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Vacation Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by vondl0
    We are all huge coaster enthusiasts and are going east this year (from Cincinnati). Planning on going to Six Flags America near Washington DC, Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey, Dorney Park in Allentown PA and Hershey Park in, well where else, Hershey PA.
    Oh wow! This sounds like my dream vacation! Can you stuff me in a bag or something and sneak me along with you?

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022
    Oh wow! This sounds like my dream vacation! Can you stuff me in a bag or something and sneak me along with you?
    Come on along and bring a friend so we don't have an 'odd' rider!

Um, why not have an "odd" rider? I'm surely odd enough, and I do have an August vacation!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    Um, why not have an "odd" rider? I'm surely odd enough, and I do have an August vacation!
    Well since you put it like that, I qualify as an "odd" rider too!!

That sounds like fun! LOL The only 2 amusent parks I have been to before, are Kings Island in Cincinnati, OH, and 6 flags in Cleveland, Ohio. And they are a blast!

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I love coasters - that sounds like fun!!

I'm leaving on Thursday for a 3 day scrapbooking weekend with my friends. To most, it sounds boring. To me, it's a little slice of heaven - 3 full days of uninterrupted time to work on my scrapbooks without anyone wanting lunch, drinks, laundry or, um, you know. LOL

I just got back from a week in Costa Rica (we landed at about 1am this morning). It was an awesome time, the weather was great and it was a nice relaxing trip. My parents both retired last year and decided to take the whole family away for the week to Costa Rica. It was wonderful getting up every day to warm weather and being able to lay around the pool and not have to work! It is a little depressing being in 95 degree weather and now being here in Michigan were it is about 31 degrees! Yay for vacations.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cadcmmngs
    We did Cedar Point last year. You're gonna love it! But if you want a roller coaster fix, head up the highway to Cincinnati and go to King's Island. Terrific coasters!!!
    Thanks for the tip! Might just have to do that. We're also headed to San Antonio in April and we'll get to do Six Flags Fiesta Texas. Woo Hoo So far my coaster rides have been limited to places close to home... Adventureland in Des Moines and Worlds of Fun in Kansas City, so I'm really excited for this year's trips. Is a person ever too old to ride roller coasters?

My post was somehow edited. I was trying to say "go to Paramont's K I N G S Island" which is near Cincinnati. (edit - how bizarre, my computer won't let me type the word
    K I N G S as one word! It edits it out).

A person is never too old to ride a roller coaster (cause the kiddie ones can fit adults too ya know! Ha ha). You may be in a neck brace for a few weeks afterwards, but just think of the thrill of the moment.

We're going to the Outer Banks this summer, with a pit stop in Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. Should be fun!
    Last edited by cadcmmngs; 02-15-2005 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    I was in Whistler last week for a ski vacation that I do every year, but conditions were not great because of unusually warm temperatures.
    Yeah, I have heard the Northwest is not having a very good winter--snow-wise. My friend in Portland says there is hardly any snow on Mt. Hood, and another friend of mine went Heli-skiing in your neck of the woods(I think), and they said the conditions were so bad, that there was actually water running over the glacier that they were planning to ski on!! Like, a small creek.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast