+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Weird Things You See in Big Cities

Re: Weird Things You See in Big Cities

Walking between buildings at my school, a block up from the Seattle waterfront, I see some pretty interesting things. One thing that sticks out in my mind is when i say a lady pushing a dog in a baby stroller. It wasnt a small dog. It was a samoyed. I had to keep from laughing out.

And then there are the things you see when you go up to Broadway. I think Mariner can agree with me on this lol. My dad, my brother, my sister, and me were going up there last summer for a wedding reception, and we drove by 5 men riding bikes. Naked. One was even painted gold.

Another time, my cousins and I were driving around up there, and we saw a HUGE group of men dressed up as nuns. A block up the road, we saw even more nuns. They were all heading to Baskin Robbins, and at the lead, was a guy dressed up as the Devil.

I also saw a sign on the open back door of the Taco Bell there. It said "Keep this door closed after dark. It could save your life"
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

LOL...I love NY-we have so many entertaining people to choose from.

My favorite was this homeless guy near Union Square. He would sleep on the same corner and never asked anyone for anything. I once offered him a bag of lunch and he refused. He seemed rather timid...I assumed he was mentally ill.

A few days later I witnessed another person try to give him a sandwich-same scenario.

The next day I pass by and he had made himself a new sign. On his shopping cart was a sign reading "Please do not feed the homeless". I found it a bit humorous, but you could tell he was quite serious about his position on the issue.

Another New York story...

I was taking the E train out to JFK one Sunday morning, and this guy walks into the car and there was predictably a guy on the train who attempted to impart God's word to the rest of us... "Lying is wrong and it is a sin, cheating is wrong and it is a sin..." etc. I'm half listening, but as he's wrapping his spiel up, he says, "God bless, and may you end your trip in peace and not in pieces." Cracked me up.

I saw something this morning at 3 am that made me drag this old thread out.
    I left work, and suddenly, right on one of the main roads in downtown Atlanta, I saw a ton of smoke, and fire--the mulch and floodlights around a brand new, not even occupied yet building were in blazes. Across the street, there's a whole row of homeless (just guessing) people just sitting on the sidewalk and watching it burn. I called 911 as it was a fairly large fire and I saw no emergency vehicles or personnel, and they told me no one had even reported it yet.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567