+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Weird Things You See in Big Cities

Quote Originally Posted by Igotalife
    This thread is cracking me up...

I recently visited Seattle for the first time ( Mariner)...I was taken aback by the steep, obviously not ADA compliant, sidewalks throughout their downtown.

As I was trudging uphill one rainy day , I saw a homeless man that was having quite the time making it up hill as well.....something about his stagger made me chuckle, but I told my BF that "I bet he can't make it up this hill without a pit stop" and sure enough, almost a split second after I said it out loud, the man ducked into a door stoop to take a swig.

Maybe you had to be there...
    Igota Speaking as someone who has both fallen on their behind on those hills and lost a pump when it got stuck in one of the grates on them I can sympathize. There used to be a homeless woman who hung out at a particular street corner. The rumor always was that it was Quincy Jones' mother. It turned out to be true.

FORT Fogey
    Like most big cities, Boston has its share of crack. . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac
    Like most big cities, Boston has its share of crack. . . .
    Pom... c'mon now. You know you loved that pic, and after you took that picture you asked him out on a date

I'm in Houston, and for years there has always been this guy who looks so sharp, three piece suit and everthing, but sports this WILD huge orange, blue and purple mohawk. He's legendary. I don't know where he works, but he I see him every now and then Downtown. The first time I saw him was at the Galeria when was 13, so its been 11 years and he still has it. lol

Well I'm not from a big city, but this is still kinda funny...

I went to University of Michigan for college, and I was a cheerleader for Michigan. On tailgating days, we would spend the morning going around campus bringing school spirit and interacting with fans. Every once in awhile we saw this overweight, old, bald guy wearing a Michigan cheerleading uniform It was the funniest thing ever! Then he would always call out to us (or we'd come over to him) and ask us if he can join the team, and he'd take a ton of pictures with us I loved it... he was so funny with his big old belly sticking out under the top. What a great cross-dresser!

giz
    Yesterday as we drove around town there were bald people everywhere. Young bald people. Not sure if it's a trend or if it was a cancer fund-raising thing. The pinnacle was a bald guy in a sarong.

Ihad a good one on the Subway the other day, thiis guy holding a fan over his face saying no one can look directly at him because he is an angel returned to earth and we can't look at his face, he kept talking about how he is the first angel in thousands of years to return to earth, and we cannot gaze upon his face. I took one glance, and figured it best he keep it covered!

As many of my fellow Bay Area FORTers have mentioned...where do I start. I spent several years living in San Francisco before moving down the peninsula but one thing I must mention in this thread is Bay to Breakers. It's an annual race that draws professional racers, amateurs and every weirdo and streaker in between. It really is quite fun. I won't post any nude photos since this is a family site but here is one that I find quite funny.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MRD

Re: Weird Things You See in Big Cities

I have laughed my butt off at these stories.

I have one that falls into the "clothing challenged" category.

Back in the early 80's, I lived in Tampa. Downtown at night was not a particularly fun or safe place to be, however, I had a friend that worked as a bartender at this small club and we would go often (free drinks, great motivator). One night the door opens and a naked man walks in and sits at the bar, puts his head down and promptly passes out. My friend calls the Tampa police and I know they did this on purpose, but they sent a policewoman. She walks in takes one look and says: "Oh GEEZ'
    She pokes the guy with her nightstick and he doesn't wake up. She keeps poking harder, no response. Then her partner enters carrying a nasty pair of jeans. He has them by 2 fingers by the belt loop and is holding them at arms length. Both try to wake him up to get his pants on. They finally figure out he isn't waking up so they are going to have to put him in the police car. Neither want to touch him. They call in another team of police and now all 4 are standing there arguing about how they are going to get him in the car and whose car he's going in. Neither set wanted him in their squad car as they both kept arguing that they hate having to hose out the car after hauling in drunks.
    They decide to put a blanket down on the back seat and put him on that. Now to get him out. Finally 2 of the biggest cops, grab him by the arms and literally drag him out. Now the dilemna is how to get naked drunk guy in the car. The entire bar has emptied out on the sidewalk to watch the show. No one wants to touch him and getting a big, passed out guy inside the car is becoming a problem.
    Finally they decide to wrap him in the blanket and one cop is standing on the other side of the car and he grabs the blanket and they drag him into the car using the blanket. I would have loved to see how they got him out.

My other story happened one Memorial Day weekend at the beach. We were staying at a hotel near the public beach. There was a group of young single guys who had been commenting about this woman in a thong over on the public beach. This went on for a while. They finally wave her over and her face did not match the body in the thong. To say she looked rough, was an understatement. No front teeth and she looked like she had smoked crack for years. Now they can't get rid of her. She's asking them for beer. We have had it as we've put up with this group the entire time we've stayed that weekend and now we have crack lady who is so messed up she can't talk or stand well. They keep telling her to go back to her friends on the beach and she won't leave.
    Finally they start throwing their shoes at her and she stumbles her way back down on the beach. There is a line of shoes that goes almost the entire path she has taken. And they are now arguing about who's going to go retrieve their shoes. Finally management had enough complaints and the guys were asked to pack up and go home. Oh and they had a keg on the balconey of their room, so they were in almost the same shape as "crack woman".

Florida has all the weirdos and crazies that filter down from the other states. I've seen it all I think.

And if you think San Francisco has it share, go to Key West. Especially during Fantasy Fest.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Re: Weird Things You See in Big Cities

I work in Philadelphia. A few years ago, we would get a "show" every morning. Right on the corner, there was a homeless woman who would get a small bucket of water and a washcloth and take a "bath" right there on the corner.

I work near the Federal Building, so there's always protesters around. We used to get a guy who had a huge drum and would bang the drum for hours.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast