3 10.71%
  • Female: Yes, I love to cook.

13 46.43%
  • Female: No, I don't like to cook.

1 3.57%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do you like to cook?

I like to cook when I can take my time, add spices, experment, use fresh newly chop veggies, spices etc. I hate to cook when I'm rushed, when the kids are whining and trying to get my attention, when I know if I don't cook the same darn thing that I cooked last week the 2 little members of the family will not eat it and when I know I have 3 hours of paperwork still to do that night. Meaning I cook alot but I rarely enjoy it, just now and then on the weekends.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Hate it with a passion.

A burning passion born in the pits of hell.

I am woman hear me roar
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I love to cook.
    "That's Numberwang!"

i love to cook~but i hate the cleaning up after that~
    each time one loves is the only time one ever love...differences of object merely intensify the passion

But Cali, you have that brand-new kitchen! You have to get in and get dirty in it.

I love to cook. Unfortunately, I'm going through a phase right now where I screw everything up, and everything's done at different times, but I'm still trying.

I seem to go in phases. For a couple of months, everything's great and done together. Then it all just goes bad, like flipping a light switch.

Ah well. It'll come back. I'm making a beef stew for dinner tonight. Can't screw that up too much.

Mmmmm! Beef Stew! I made my first beef stew a couple of weeks ago. I followerd a recepe that had the same ingredients as my mom used when we were kids. Mine turned out better than hers and I was Thrilled. My husband has asked for it twice since. Mmmm.

I love to cook when my kitchen is in perfect order I have all the correct tools and ingredients ready to go.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

The good thing about making something like stew is you can make a huge pot of it and freeze it too.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Love to cook, hate to plan menus. At least I hate planning them for a houseful of teenagers who, no matter what I cook, look like I'm serving them a plate of writhing maggots.

Well, not all of them act this way, but there's always one.

I used to be a caterer/cake decorater/wedding planner, so I have lots of fun recipes. Getting paid to cook for large groups is stressful though - if something goes wrong at the last minute you're SCREWED!

lol_its_fun -- I have some recipes posted on my MSN page. Most of them are baked goods, but I think my WORLD FAMOUS GREEN CHILE CHICKEN SOUP is there too. Click on "documents" at http://www.msnusers.com/allthepictures
    Last edited by John; 02-03-2003 at 10:47 AM.

i like to cook. i LOVE to bake!

still coveting all of your crockpots.

Originally posted by lol_its_fun
    Any recipe to share? Anybody? Something that doesn't take too much of preparation (I am tired of my cooking) , and yes, I know you could find them on the net, but there are too many, and I don't know if they taste good.
    lol, I have a few ideas, but want do you want for a main course?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast