+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Household Chores: fave and least

nancy, I said that to him
    I also suggested that he clean it after I take a bath and I'll clean it after he takes one, that way the relaxation isn't ruined... I have yet to hear back from that one. I guess It's "under advisement"
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

I think that's a really good idea Cali.

It's not as though the bath is even going to be dirty each time.
    Who wants to take a bath then end up smelling of whatever you used to clean it out with afterwards?
    "That's Numberwang!"

i hate doing the dishes b/c that was my chore as a kid. we were a family of 6, so there were a lot of dishes. the stupid part is it literally only takes me 10 -15 minutes to do so it's not like it's really a big deal.

i'm with fg on the laundry. i don't mind doing the laundry, even folding it and hanging it up, but i hate hate hate putting it away for some reason!

I am rebelling against household chores right now in an effort to show my children that they do have to get done on a daily basis.
    They have been doing chores for years and know how to do most everything but I would like for them to learn to do this stuff w/o having to be told.
    It is so funny to hear them say out loud what I say to myself all the time:
    "I just changed the trash bag yesterday."
    "We need to wash a load of _____ clothes again, we just did a load of ____ clothes!"
    "Where does all this dust come from?"
    "Man, the dog sure has a lot of hair!"
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I like to vacuum & dust. I hate scrubbing the toilets and/or the shower.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I was wondering why no one had mentioned toilets

As for the dog/ snow/mud floor thing those wet swiffer things are marvelous. OMG I've turned into Martha Stewart

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    I hate doing the cat litter or cleaning up cat vomit. I mean, they aren't even my cats and they ignore me constantly!

I don't mind doing the dishes and I actually enjoy mowing the lawn and taking care of the garden.

I prefer to clean the kitchen, I don't mind doing dishes and such. I don't want to clean anything gross. You'd really have to twist my arm to get me to really clean the bathroom, do kitty litter or garbage even. I hate those things and will only do them if nobody else will and it absolutely needs to be done.
    "There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

I make my husband clean the cat box b/c 1). He's the one who wanted a cat; & 2). I can't stomach the stench. I've had to clean it a couple of times when he was out of town & I literally wretched & had to hold back from vomiting. It was disgusting, to say the least.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Ironing, i detest ironing & getting all the creases right.I have to go now and do some cleaning!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast