+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vonage (or other VOIP products)

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    My best friend had Vonage.. she (and I who talked to her MANY hors a day) Hated it. My roommate in his par of the house went to SunRocket ( think that is the name) ANohter VOIP thingie.. now the sound and such on that is amazing... I think it was a pre pay of 199 a year, and we dont see a big difference in the rate which we DL or anything on the network and his quility is far better than Vonage was.. my BF and her Boyfriend switched on his (the roomie) telling them how good Sun Rocket is. I saw a huge difference on my end (I my self refuse to go to VOIP, I like a real phone line). And they too saw a huge difference from Vonage to Sunrocket.

I think when the Roomie signed up he also got a free multi hand set phone from Vetach too heeh.. not a bad deal on his end for 200 bucks.

So, it's been about a year since the last post on this topic, and I'm now ready to take the plunge. For $5 each a month, I can get local phone numbers in the area codes where my family lives. That alone is worth it, as it's much less expensive than what I'm already paying in monthly LD fees.

My plan is to retain my current land line for one phone (I am concerned about 911), but reduce it to basic service (saving me about $30 a month).

I'm specifically interested in SunRocket and Vonage (and perhaps ATT Call Vantage). Since some time has gone by, I was just looking for an update on how happy people are with these services now.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    I use Lingo for $19.99 a month. Same services are included. I've had them for about seven months now. I love their unlimited long-distance because everyone I call is long-distance. However, they DO have some disconnect issues that they are working out. They are a smaller company so I'm giving them a few more months to work out the kinks. I might switch to Vonage if they don't get them fixed.
    I'll quote myself on this one. I did end up ditching Lingo in favor of Vonage. I've never been happier with a phone service. I log about two hours of long distance a DAY and never have a bill over $27. About once a month, it might drop a call, but that's about it. The rest of the time, its crystal clear and is just like using a landline.

The only bad part about it is that my internet is provided by my cable. So if my cable goes out, my phone and internet are also out. However, this is only a problem because Adelphia Cable SUCKS (). If you had a better cable company than I do, that wouldn't even be an issue even if you did have internet through cable.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by MissThing View Post
    So, it's been about a year since the last post on this topic, and I'm now ready to take the plunge. For $5 each a month, I can get local phone numbers in the area codes where my family lives. That alone is worth it, as it's much less expensive than what I'm already paying in monthly LD fees.

My plan is to retain my current land line for one phone (I am concerned about 911), but reduce it to basic service (saving me about $30 a month).

I'm specifically interested in SunRocket and Vonage (and perhaps ATT Call Vantage). Since some time has gone by, I was just looking for an update on how happy people are with these services now.
    MsThing, Vonage has 911 too. Fortunately for me I haven't had to use it yet. *knocks on wood* I switched to Vonage last summer and I've been pleased with the service.....My service has only been interrupted when my cable goes out. I have internet service through Comcast (which is always doing something in my area!) There is a feature that allows you to list an emergency number if the service is interrupted so that all calls can be forwarded to that number and hence no incoming calls are missed.

I've managed to reduce my long distance bills dramatically. I kept a land line with basic service only for my DVR service. For same reason, Tivo doesn't work well with Vonage.
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234