+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 284 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Relationship Challenged

I was wondering if any of the great folks here at the FORT could give me some advice. I'm horribly relationship challenged (it's embarrassing!) and my friends who are in successful relationships were all pursued by the guys that they are with.

So, in a nut-shell, here's the situation: I met a guy on a plane and talked the whole time, hitting it off really well, having lots in common. BUT like an idiot, I choked and didn't give him contact info. (Aside: the guy doesn't live where I do, but was visiting his family who live here & he frequently visits.) I brooded about being such a whimper but eventually rationalized it that he didn't give me info either, so maybe it was only a conversation to pass the time of the flight.

Then today, at a lunch meeting with a bunch of vendors, he was there (!) because his company sells stuff to people in my line of work. We talked for a few minutes again but STILL didn't exchange contact info.

Now I know his company name & got a business card & all. So, FORTers, would it be cool to e-mail him & say something to the effect of next time you're in town, let's get a drink...or is it like that S&TC episode says, if the guy doesn't contact you, then he's simply not that into you? If there are any guys out there reading this, how would you respond to such an e-mail?

Sorry to be such a bother with all the other real problems on the other thread, but I think that there's a wealth of experience here that I can't get otherwise. Thanks for listening!

I would definitely email him Phonegrrrl; there's no harm in it, and if it turns out he's in a relationship, or dating, or some such thing, there's not harm done.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Well, I started going out with my now husband when I was 13, so I never had to deal with anything like you've outlined here, but my advice would basically be to send the email.
    The worst he can do really is ignore the email and he might have been waiting for an opportunity to contact you.
    I think you have more to gain than you do to lose,so be brave.
    Good luck to you

Yes email him!

I say this now, but if it was me in the situation, I'd be having the same problem.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    Phonegrrl, EMAIL HIM! He could be shy too, and thinking just like you, "Damn I didnt give that cute girl my number"
    After all you have nothing to lose, and you wont know if ya dont try!
    Keep us posted , girl!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

I say send the email. Keep it casual and friendly. If he doesn't respond, don't pursue it again, but hey, he could! You've got nothing to lose.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Email him!

By all means, email him, but like Lucy said, keep it light-hearted. There is nothing wrong with a friendly little email, and you just never know where it may lead the two of you. The worst that could happen, is it could go nowhere, and that's not so bad, is it? Or, you could end up being good friends, and maybe even something more, but you'll never know unless you take that first step. Go for it.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Email'm!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Wouldn't you so much rather regret something you did than something you could have/should have/wish you'd done?

Makes no sense not to try.

+ Reply to Thread