+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 284 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    thanks for all the advice everyone! muy excellente!! yea.. I am a guy, probably should have tried to clear that up I suppose.. but yea.. lol... Anyway, I am goign to take all your advice as best I can.. we have some situations down here in the house and I could really use a FRIEND.. that being said, I think While I could live with out him being more then that, I'd much prefer a good friend then nothing at all, so thats what I'll strive for.. in the meantime I am going to give him plenty of time to relax and get me out of his head....

after re-reading my post.. I must of said.. Ummm yea, and variations thereof at least 20 times and I apologize for including all my basic "hmmms" its funny, in my public speaking class I took a while back, the teacher tried to have us not use words like ummm, uhh and other thinsg like that.. I never did.. I just had a habit of throwing out the word Basically, over and over and over.. and then when I tried to fix that, it became other things and words that were my filler for my thinking.. so, you probably notice I talk on here, much like I'd talk in person, minus the LOLs and such.. if anyone ever said lol to me, I'd tell them they were an idiot and walk away.. Long tangent behind us, I appreciate you all for suffering through that wonderful piece of... tiki-poo.. yea, we'll go with that..

I'll be back with an update if there is any, or if anythign new comes up with a new person.. you guys are my go-to for relationship help now.. lol..
    So Jahim, is 'Joey" also a guy. Is this a gay romantic crisis?

for me it is, yes.. lol.. sorry I forgot my giant "I AM GAY" Banner apparently.. lol...

Yea, I always called myself the annoying girlfriend in the relationship, and I knew that pretty early on.. not because I act like a female as much as I call him and really want attention from him, when he just would rather be chill and kind of laid back.. but I tried to resist the urges to hold it against him.. especially considering that was never the way the relationship was intended to be by him.. lol.. He just wanted to be friends, and I wanted that too, at least thats how we went into it thinking.. then I got feelings for him... whatever they are.. hard for me to tell to be quite honest, I never did the dating thing before, and this is the closest thign I've had.. thus why I have so much confusion... point is, I got feelings for the boy and he didn't get them for me.. and thats when all the problems started.. it makes me really happy though to think that majority seems to agree, he doesn't hate and despise me... and that I was probably right about him being uncomfortable with it and being on the phone.. it was kind of strange, but one of those things where, it might not have been done on purpose, but... sure seemed like it... yea.. ball is in his court.. now I just need him to actually do something...

Waiting does suck too... If it were up to me, I'd rather just have him tell me he wants nothing to do with me, and then just be done with it if thats the case, but then when its this waiting game where it could either this or that.. it kind of sucks.. oh well.. who knows... well, I suppose he does.. lol
    Last edited by Jahim; 10-05-2004 at 03:00 AM.
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Whoa, this thread came back with a vengance! I guess I'm somewhat comforted by the fact that I'm not the only one who's having relationship problems, some of which are well-documented here.

But I've decided that for right now, I'm out of the game. I need to change some things in my life first before I can be the partner that I should be. Not to say that I won't turn down any opportunities I have, but it's definately "yellow light" (proceed with caution) time. I came to this conclusion after almost doing the infamous "drunken email" to this one girl I went to school with, and after calling and apparently getting mad at another girl I talk to online. So first and foremost, NO MORE BOOZE. At least not for a while, anyway, until I can get my head screwed back on. This is not the time for latent anger issues to screw things up before they start, as has happened in the past.

You'd think I would have figured this one out by now...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    But I've decided that for right now, I'm out of the game. I need to change some things in my life first before I can be the partner that I should be.
    YA... that's that hardest part to acknowledge and do: back up and fix yourself before you get involved in a relationship.

What's the old adage: you need to love yourself before someone else can find you loveable??

Good luck!!
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    If it were up to me, I'd rather just have him tell me he wants nothing to do with me, and then just be done with it if thats the case, but then when its this waiting game where it could either this or that.. it kind of sucks..
    I figured I'd share a thought I had about this, Jahim. Sometimes, particularly if you've never dated much, you lack the confidence to get people to notice you. Especially if it is someone that you've been "friends" with. They might have a difficult time seeing you as dating material after they've known you as a friend for awhile. My suggestion would be that you stop waiting around and get out there and start dating. Don't be too picky at first. Just go out with any nice guys you meet. Then, you will gain the confidence in yourself to start being more choosey. The funny thing about this is that once your friend knows you can go out and have a good time, he might become interested himself.

Good luck!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

This is a great thread! I'm not even in the dating pool, but I love dishing out the unsolicited advice. Perhaps John might be interested in starting a separate topic area?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Hmmm....either SueEllen is teasing me, or hasn't been here at the fort long enough to have heard about my Kid Rock obsession.

Since this is a relationship thread, I'll share that one of my ex-boyfriends thought he was Kid Rock. He grew up in the town right next where Kid Rock lived, (outside of Detroit), and he felt this made the two of them connected somehow. His name was Rob, or Kid Rob as he called himself.

I haven't spoken to him since we broke up. :rolleyes

Great thread and good advice. I'm frantically writing down notes and words of wisdom as I'm relationship challenged myself. Phat, you're post was great and humorous. Broadway, Star, Lotus, UE, the tin man, scarecrow and lion all had great responses.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllenMishke
    Since this is a relationship thread, I'll share that one of my ex-boyfriends thought he was Kid Rock. He grew up in the town right next where Kid Rock lived, (outside of Detroit), and he felt this made the two of them connected somehow. His name was Rob, or Kid Rob as he called himself.

I haven't spoken to him since we broke up. :rolleyes
    Sue Ellen, the first time he referred to himself as Kid Rob, that was your cue to run for the hills.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I have a hypothetical question for the men....if you really like a girl (as opposed to just wanting a booty call) would you 1) call her frequently and ask her stuff like "when can I see you again?" 2) give her out of this world compliments and/or 3) ask serious questions about likes/dislikes and her views on relationship stuff? Are these tactics a disguise or for real?

Just curious....I have my opinion, but I don't want to express it just yet.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

+ Reply to Thread