+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 284 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Wow! Lucy, lambikins, phat, scarlett, broadway, ADK, you guys give GREAT advice. Jahim, I think you should follow their suggestions.....very sound advice. I know where I'm going the next time I'm in need of advice.....you guys are kind-hearted, sweet and very level headed. What wonderful posts. Again, let me just say, Wow.

J.D., I would be just as clumsy at dating as it sounds like you feel. Just remember, most things in life take practice, and try to consider your date one of the rehearsals for bigger and better things you'll be experiencing in the future.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    J.D., I would be just as clumsy at dating as it sounds like you feel. Just remember, most things in life take practice, and try to consider your date one of the rehearsals for bigger and better things you'll be experiencing in the future.
    Definitely! And, one problems we girls have is that we tend to worry predominantly about what he thinks of us during the date instead of the other way around. Worry more about finding out whether you are interested in him.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Jahim, I was going to post some comments, but ADKLove said everything I would have said. The guy is obviously a decent fellow for picking you up, but he's clearly "not into you," as the book (and a great episode of Sex in the City) would say.
    Give your love to someone who is willing to return it.
    J.D., I hear ya, girlfriend. I spent a year "dating" before I finally settled with my Southie. Some things get harder as we age.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Roseskid: You're welcome. There's a wealth of knowledge and experience on this board. I'm glad that we can mine it for someone's benefit.

In closing, I was sharing this topic with a friend this morning. She wanted to add that "Just because someone's friendly, doesn't mean they're interested."

Both men and women are very guilty of thinking that because they've had a nice conversation with someone and connected at some level, that it will continue, OR, that the other person wants it to continue.

My girlfriends and I are glib and can talk the talk. We have fun with it. So, when a guy is thinking that we're shining for his benefit, we have to pull the plug, because we're just like this: 24/7! None of us feel that it's our duty to damper down our personality so that someone doesn't get the wrong idea. And I'm not talking being a skanky, flirty ho, either. Just a polite, interested, and interesting speaker.

Some relationships are destined to be bridges, not forts. They lead you to other people and other interests. They aren't meant to be long term.

Enjoy them for what they are; not what they weren't.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Oh Jahim I agree waiting sucks!

The advice given by everybody, ADKLove, Lucy, Scarlett, Phat, Lotus, Lambikins, is wonderful. You guys sound so professional in dishing out the love remedies.

J.D.
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Some relationships are destined to be bridges, not forts. They lead you to other people and other interests. They aren't meant to be long term.
    You continue to impress me.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Definitely! And, one problems we girls have is that we tend to worry predominantly about what he thinks of us during the date instead of the other way around. Worry more about finding out whether you are interested in him.

That is an excellent point. I just wish I wasn't always guilty of it!

Hey J.D.- have fun in Vegas, baby! Exactly who will be performing at the Hard Rock??

FORT Fogey
    Thanks roseskid & UE. Of course, it's much easier to give romantic advice than take it. BTW, UE, I'm still waiting to hear how your saga goes.

JD--So you're going to see the future Mr. JD perform this weekend?

thanks for all the advice everyone! muy excellente!! yea.. I am a guy, probably should have tried to clear that up I suppose.. but yea.. lol... Anyway, I am goign to take all your advice as best I can.. we have some situations down here in the house and I could really use a FRIEND.. that being said, I think While I could live with out him being more then that, I'd much prefer a good friend then nothing at all, so thats what I'll strive for.. in the meantime I am going to give him plenty of time to relax and get me out of his head....

after re-reading my post.. I must of said.. Ummm yea, and variations thereof at least 20 times and I apologize for including all my basic "hmmms" its funny, in my public speaking class I took a while back, the teacher tried to have us not use words like ummm, uhh and other thinsg like that.. I never did.. I just had a habit of throwing out the word Basically, over and over and over.. and then when I tried to fix that, it became other things and words that were my filler for my thinking.. so, you probably notice I talk on here, much like I'd talk in person, minus the LOLs and such.. if anyone ever said lol to me, I'd tell them they were an idiot and walk away.. Long tangent behind us, I appreciate you all for suffering through that wonderful piece of... tiki-poo.. yea, we'll go with that..

I'll be back with an update if there is any, or if anythign new comes up with a new person.. you guys are my go-to for relationship help now.. lol..
    Big Brother 16: The Alliance - Come See the Fun in the Big Brother Forum!

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by unexplained
    J.D.

UE, you pay attention, don't you, doll?

Hmmm....either SueEllen is teasing me, or hasn't been here at the fort long enough to have heard about my Kid Rock obsession.

Yes, Scarlett, the fiance and I figure we should hook up now and then (some call it "stalking", I prefer the term "hooking up").

It's got to be destiny, right? Twice in just a few months I get this (picture my finger and my thumb really, really close together) close to my guy (some call it "victim", I prefer the term "guy") ... front and center tickets dropped in my lap by *pling* the magic ticket fairy....except this time I have to take my best friend ever (yikes - since we were five years old!) - it's a condition of the restraining order. Viva Las Vegas.

(Disclaimer: John, I'm just kidding about the stalking and such - I am going down to the show, but the rest is just funnin', I hope everyone realilzes that!)

+ Reply to Thread