+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 284 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Oh.. lol.. don't get me wrong. I honestly don't care. I just thought it was an amusing story.

Matt64, That was a good story and I won't retell my story which is pretty much the same except at the bar I bought him a drink to counter the drink he bought me, and the next day he called me and I did not return the call.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    Matt64, That was a good story and I won't retell my story which is pretty much the same except at the bar I bought him a drink to counter the drink he bought me, and the next day he called me and I did not return the call.
    I wonder if he called his friends and was like "Why didn't she ever call back?"

JR., yeah... I've been telling my friends to ask out guys now for awhile, and I've never heard of a guy except one, show absolutely no interest. I think there's something intriguing to guys about a girl who will ask a guy out. I think with all these "games" out there, guys and girls have completely thrown out so many different type of signals to show that they're interested, that the other sex is completely confused.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    CallieCutie, thank you for saying that, I wish more women thought like that. We get tired of the chasing and the silly games.
    Okay, since you brought it up I'd really like a guys opinion. There is a man I work with who I am very interested in and he has in the past acted interested in my as well (stopping by "just to say hello", calling to ask something he could have found out another way, etc.), but he never asked me out. On the one hand, I have friends who think it's because we work together and it might make it uncomfortable, but on the other hand we have that stupid "just not that into you" book that tells me he would ask me out if he were interested.

After a few years of working together should I just give up, or go for it? And if I go for it, do you think I should have another job lined up just in case...

OK.. so here's the deal.. I really have issues.. I can never seem to meet a boy I like.. except this friday, I was out with friends.. went to a club, and met a nice guy. We spent the entire evening talking to each other.. blah blah blah.. whatever. Anyway, he asks me out, we go for dinner on Sunday night.. we go out again last night. He's totally into me, I like him too. Sounds good huh? He left today to go to Quebec for 5 weeks.. then he comes back for 2 weeks.. then goes back to Vancouver for the summer/school. I think I do it on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt64
    OK.. so here's the deal.. I really have issues.. I can never seem to meet a boy I like.. except this friday, I was out with friends.. went to a club, and met a nice guy. We spent the entire evening talking to each other.. blah blah blah.. whatever. Anyway, he asks me out, we go for dinner on Sunday night.. we go out again last night. He's totally into me, I like him too. Sounds good huh? He left today to go to Quebec for 5 weeks.. then he comes back for 2 weeks.. then goes back to Vancouver for the summer/school. I think I do it on purpose.
    So what's the problem? Keep a phone contact if you really like him... nothing says you have to DATE him right now, just stay friends/crushes while hes gone.

Seems like you keep meeting these guys at the clubs, maybe start looking other places. I tend to like mature men, and I've noticed that clubs aren't very full of those. So when I go out to the club, it's just to shake my booty and have fun with the girls. You'll probably meet better guys with less problems

It's very much a part of gay culture to meet in bars/clubs. It's a very different atmosphere and the intent in a straight club vs a gay club is very different. A lot of people who don't live in the area go to the bars/clubs as a way to meet others. It's complicated.. but the homos out there know what I'm talking about..

I'd be nice to not meet someone in a club though.. but hey.. whatev.. I'm not really one to go boy hunting anyway.

It's very much a part of gay culture to meet in bars/clubs. It's a very different atmosphere and the intent in a straight club vs a gay club is very different. A lot of people who don't live in the area go to the bars/clubs as a way to meet others. It's complicated.. but the homos out there know what I'm talking about..

I'd be nice to not meet someone in a club though.. but hey.. whatev.. I'm not really one to go boy hunting anyway.
    the homos out there know what I'm talking about. Yeah yeah I know, I
    have tried to explain to people this issue. It's like our clubs/bars is like the pubs in england really more of a social thing. oh sure some picking up is going on, but that usually not the reason we go out. I used to go out just for the interaction. and after doing for so many years it sometimes gets old so... :phhht
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

LOL... Geez.. I mean when I went to the gay bar, I had a HORRIBLE time picking up guys...

Well what's wrong with keeping a phone relationship up with this guy?

Callie Cutie: Well.. I'm not really looking for long distance. He's nice and whatever.. but we really don't know each other that well. It's like going on vacation and meeting some guy who's lots of fun.. but afterward.. when you go home.. that's it. U know?

Gabriel: Yup.. exactly.. although I'm now in a new city.. so bars are fun again.

+ Reply to Thread