+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 284 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Episode 1 continued:
    I say, ha ha and write down my phone number and say, call me when you have my drink and I'll be in all the time. I leave it at that. I don't show up for weeks. I showed up this past weekend for about a half hour. I leave, with a cheek kiss and a clear mind. Nothing is gonna happen, and do I really care? So, Monday morning rolls around and I'm at work. I get a text message. I get very few of these. It's him and all it says is what's up? How many people do you know call someone out of the clear blue sky on a Monday morning before 9 am? I know zero. I call back (no send back capability) and we speak for a few minutes during which he tells me repeatedly to call him back when I get done with work. I do, and leave a message on voice mail. I do not get a call back. Tonight, on my way home from work I stop in to say hello and "What's up" I got the weirdest reception you could imagine. Now I'm left feeling he "won" and I "lost" but I didn't care anyway, and he's never gonna know that. So I can't even say "Ha!" and I lose doubly.
    Could does not mean should

I met this cute guy at the bar one night.. he and I danced for like 2 hours. It was fun.. he was cute.. I was into him.. but I had to work in the morning. We exchange numbers. I call him 2 or 3 days later, no answer, so I leave a message. He calls me back.. a week after I called him. Fine, whatever.. he was busy. He says we should meet for coffee sometime. I agree. We decide on Tuesday (it's Sunday). Monday night comes around and I call to confirm time/place. He says he has to work and rescheduals till Thursday night. That's fine. I call Thursday afternoon cuz my water has been shut off and I ask if we can meet after 5.. he tells me he forgot and made other plans. I say fine and throw away his number. I run into him 3 weeks later at the bar. He's all nice and stuff.. and he's like "what are you having to drink?" I say "double bombay tonic in a short glass" he says "would you like another?" so I say "sure" cuz now I assume maybe he's just absent minded and really did forget. He comes back, hands me my drink, walks away.

HUH?!?!

VeronicaBelle27 and Matt64, this is why I always make the guys do the chasing. I know it seems old-fashioned and we shouldn't have to play silly games with them, but for some reason they just seem to lose interest when they know you are interested in them....

Not that I've been chased lately, but that's not a bad thing.

Yes.. well.. I have to chase.. cuz.. well.. he could be thinking the same thing. Let the guy chase me. Bah! Thank god I'm cute and have a hot a$$ I look sexxxxier than Beyonce in jeans!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    Tonight, on my way home from work I stop in to say hello and "What's up" I got the weirdest reception you could imagine. Now I'm left feeling he "won" and I "lost" but I didn't care anyway, and he's never gonna know that. So I can't even say "Ha!" and I lose doubly.
    I would just say "whatever" and walk away from that one. I'm not sure what type of game he was playing but if he was really truly interested, he would have been thrilled you showed up at the bar to say "Hi".
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

I just never understood why there's all these "games" now in dating society? I've never been the one to mess around and play these games. There's a line between being a confident, sexy, intelligent woman who's asking a guy out... and a desperate needy woman. It's hard to come off desperate when you're asking the guy out, and you have full confidence in yourself.

For VeronicaBelle and Matt64... just bite the bullet and ask them out yourselves! Just casually bring it up...

Like VeronicaBelle... If I was you... I'd just go into the bar again, and order another drink again, and see if he starts talking to you. (Maybe last time when you went in, he was distracted and had other things on his mind) If he does... just casually come out and say "I always tend to see you whenever I'm here at the bar... *laugh/smile* Maybe we should "run into" each other on purpose next time *smile your beautiful smile* you know... somewhere BESIDES a bar, just so you don't think I'm some sort of lush"

Then take it from there!

SINGLE FORT LADIES!!! Try and ask the guy out yourself, if your clearly interested in him and he hasn't made a "move" yet. There's no harm in it, and sometimes guys need a little encouragement.

Good luck

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I believe up thread or maybe it's in the Books forum there was much discussion about "He's just not that into you"....both of these stories would fit that description.

I think some people like to play these games to keep people "on the hook". I say both of you need to say "next"! You deserve to have someone interested in you without all of the head games.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

VeronicaBelle, it sounds like you really *aren't* that interested in him, and what's irking you now is your ego. I don't mean that badly, I've felt that way too. "What?! How dare HE not want ME?! I didn't want HIM!" But you can't win that one -- you wind up playing games just to prove something to a guy you don't even want.
    If you're not that interested in him anyway, and he's playing games, then I say just let it go -- throw away his number and drink at another bar.

Matt, it sounds like your guy is either a complete flake or, sadly, not that interested himself. Maybe the drink was his way of apology.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Thanks for reinforcing what I already knew. It really helps to know that the world is full of people like me (FORTers) and there's a bunch of dumbasses floating around that are different and not really worth my time.

Matt64: WTF? If I were you I would probably have made the same face I was making last night after I left the bar. Mouth slightly open, staring straight ahead with a blank, but mistrustful look on my face. I feel your pain, kiddo, moving on!
    Could does not mean should

JR.
    CallieCutie, thank you for saying that, I wish more women thought like that. We get tired of the chasing and the silly games.

+ Reply to Thread