+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 284 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. I did send the e-mail last week. (Been away from a working computer for several days otherwise would have updated sooner.) But, alas, no reply yet. I'm giving it to close of business today and then writing it off as a learning experience.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Thanks to everyone who has responded. I did send the e-mail last week. (Been away from a working computer for several days otherwise would have updated sooner.) But, alas, no reply yet. I'm giving it to close of business today and then writing it off as a learning experience.

The waiting is the hardest part....

...but I think you should not write it off for a little while longer. What if he's as shy as you and is trying to get the courage to respond?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    Same here on the female side of things. I have had "fun" with several guys, but only been in one serious relationship and I take rejection harder than anyone else I know. That fear of rejection makes it difficult to meet anyone new, much less get close to anyone. I have never asked anyone out on a date (always wait for them to ask) and I think its starting to hurt my chances.
    I've always been one that thinks "Nah, she wouldn't like me anyway" whenever I meet a future potential (ex) girlfriend. On the rare occasions where a girl does flirt with me, most of the time I don't even know it and figure she's just being nice. My philosophy has always been to expect the worse when it comes to relating to the opposite gender, and then when something does happen, it's a huge bonus. If nothing happens, then that's what was supposed to happen anyway.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Erin, meet YA. YA, meet Erin Dye.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

bahahaha AJ the matchmaker
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YellowApple
    Personally I'd love it if a girl would ask me out, and I think most guys would agree. That whole thing about "you don't want to look too forward" is crap, IMHO. If you like me, tell me, and if not, then don't pretend that you do just to mess around with my head.
    Answered my query. I like this guy from class and I think it's mutual because he looks back at me too. So half the time during class, we keep locking eyes. The problem is my mom is in that class too. My mom and me are taking up a new language so that's the reason I think he's hesitant to speak to me.

I figure that I should make the first move but felt really awkward or too forward. I think I might just proceed with it. wish me luck!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

Go for it UE! Next time he locks eyes with you, smile at him
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl
    Don't forget that he could be on vacation, something wrong with the computer, etc..etc..
    I'm usually late in answering my emails cause of something. Just remember that you sent it, he got it (eventually) and the response may happen any day, at any time. Not just "by the end of the day".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

UE, maybe you could pass him a note, written in the new language you're learning, asking him to meet for coffee or something.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

+ Reply to Thread