+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 284 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Only time I ask who's calling is if he's not home and I'm taking a message for him.

Besides, if you're asking because you don't trust him and you think he's cheating, do you really think the caller is going to say, "Tell him it's his mistress" when you answer?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I play our own personal secretary, so I ask even when they ask for me. It has nothing to do with trust, just getting rid of unwanted phone calls sooner. We have caller id, and are on the do not call list, but some weird stuff still gets through.

Same here, Veejer...we just make it a point to ask who's calling, whether it's male or female.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Exactly, veejer. I was trained by my parents to always ask who was calling before handing the phone off to them. Still do it when I'm at their house and won't answer the phone at mine if it's a suspect number. As you said, it has nothing to do with trust, and everything to do with screening.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Count me in as one who always asks who is calling. Like the rest of you said, I do it as screening, not as a trust issue. I grew up doing it and it has stuck with me over the years.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    It's funny you know, while i hang up on telemarketers, they actually do present themselves before saying anything else. Then again they're selling something so they'd have to.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I never answer our house phone because it's almost never for me anyway.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I never used to ask who was calling my husband, trusted him, never worried about it. Well, okay, the calls to my husband from women in the middle of the night made me a tad suspicious. Not suspicious enough, tho.

Yes, that challenged our relationship, and made me a bit more wary about those nightime calls. I wonder how long before the new wife figures it out.

Ok...here is an odd little question that has had me thinking for days. I guess beside getting more female input, I would love a guy's comment.

Does it mean anything if you are talking to a guy that you know, that you have sort of known for years and he
    A. asks you when the divorce is going to be final.
    B. recalls in a conversation what you had said your favorite car was (discussing the Detroit Auto show and he said something my favorite car...and he was right about what it was)

Of course on the other hand, I'm feeling a bit dumb for even thinking about this. The last thing I need at this moment is another man cluttering up my life.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Does it mean anything if you are talking to a guy that you know, that you have sort of known for years and he
    A. asks you when the divorce is going to be final.
    B. recalls in a conversation what you had said your favorite car was

Of course on the other hand, I'm feeling a bit dumb for even thinking about this. The last thing I need at this moment is another man cluttering up my life.
    Clutter? Who says anything about clutter? It's all in the way you look at it (i.e.men in your life)....

As far as your friend, he might be interested, but if you've known him for years, it might be hard to tell if he's usually just a very sincere/thoughtful kind of person....was there any batting of eyelashes?

+ Reply to Thread