+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 284 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898148 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Good for you, YA! They'll get better as they go along, don't worry. And also, remember that you're there to see if you'll honestly like her, too. Keeping that in mind should help you get less nervous as time goes by, too.

eta: I apparently skipped a word. *in* Ooops.
    Last edited by Broadway; 01-10-2005 at 01:37 PM.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    YA Congrats and glad to hear you're crunchy too.

As Broadway said, it will get better and better as long as you don't give up. I think stuff like this can really boost your confidence. Meeting new people, even if it doesn't work out, is fun and great experience.

Just run the other direction if you are reduced to peanut butter.

So Toothdoc, how did the date go, or maybe I shouldn't ask, but I'm curious?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    I had my first date with that service thingy and it didn't go as well as I had hoped. It wasn't BAD... it just wasn't all that good either. Sometimes I felt like I had to force the conversation. She didn't really seem all that interested, so I didn't ask for any numbers or anything.

One down. Maybe the next one will be better. I was a bit nervous since it was my first date in a while and I guess it showed.

Crunchy here too.

YA, good for you! The first one is always the hardest. Oh, and the awkward silences....it's just torture! Here's a hint: people love to talk about themselves. If you catch yourself stuck in an awkward silence - start asking questions about HER. Her job, her life, likes, dislikes, whether she has pets...you know, general stuff, not like - so...."do you live alone?" Or "do you sleep naked?" (talk about awkward silences! )

Instead of asking "yes" or "no" questions, ask her questions where she can give you some detail...but without getting too personal. Favorite movie? Favorite book? Maybe ask her where she grew up, some of her favorite memories about being a kid...and listen to the answers, there may be a quiz later.

Best of luck, buddy!

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Bah, I was never very good at quizzes. I hate studying, so I just winged most of them. I guess that explains my subpar GPA. But formal education is overrated anyway...

Anyway, I'll try to remember "no peanut butter" for next time... :phhht
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Someone calls for your spouse.....

The telephone rings, you answer, and the caller asks for your spouse/live-in.
    The caller on the line is the opposite sex of your spouse.... do you say, "may I ask who is calling?" or do you call your honey straight to the phone??

My husband makes me ask. He won't take the phone unless he knows who is calling. He does the same for me. We usually just let the machine catch the call if we don't recognize the name or number on caller ID.

I don't see any harm in asking any caller to reveal who they are. After all, they are calling your house.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Yes, ask who is calling. Otherwise, hang up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I see no harm in asking, that way you can tell him "it's so and so from the office" or "it's the credit card company again"
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by ProbablyBaby
    The telephone rings, you answer, and the caller asks for your spouse/live-in.
    The caller on the line is the opposite sex of your spouse.... do you say, "may I ask who is calling?" or do you call your honey straight to the phone??
    The times this has happened to me, I've just called my boyfriend straight to the phone. I mean, I suppose if the call came in the middle of the night, I'd ask, but otherwise, eh. I trust him.

+ Reply to Thread