+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 284 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple
    Well I've never had any reason to lie about myself. If anything, I try to undersell myself so that when the girl DOES meet me she'll be pleasantly surprised.
    Be careful, YA... guys that are too self-deprecating can be just as annoying as overly arrogant guys. You might count yourself out of some good women that aren't as patient as you'd need them to be.

You can choose to not share, but don't be verbally knocking yourself down. That's not an attractive quality.

Just my 2cents.

Good to see you trying different avenues of dating, YA. You seem like a good guy and hopefully things will work out for you.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by ToothDoc
    No big deal..........where's the next fish in the sea? :o)

Unk... Where do you come up with these????

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Unk... Where do you come up with these????
    Google image search is very, very good to me.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Well I've never had any reason to lie about myself. If anything, I try to undersell myself so that when the girl DOES meet me she'll be pleasantly surprised.

I already stated when I filled out the application form that I preferred a girl who's never been married and doesn't have any kids. But at the age I am now, it's getting harder to find someone like that...

Actually, YA, I meant it the other way around. Women, as well as men, will "oversell". In any event, best of luck - keep us posted.

Marla, I was married to a younger man. Age was not a problem for us, since I'm stunningly beautiful for my age, and he could pass for my father.

Seriously, there was one issue we didn't/couldn't resolve. My kids are grown and married, and I have two grandkids. Bruce has no kids and has decided he wants some. I can't have any more kids, so he suggested adoption. I told him I had already raised my kids. I had my kids early (20 and 24) - on purpose - so I could retire early and enjoy my grandkids, etc. I didn't want to start over raising babies. Other than that - age wasn't much of an issue. It was kind of funny talking about how different our childhoods were - and how much older I would have been in school, etc., but ... nothing of substance.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Even though my boyfriend and I are both great with kids, we're against having any of our own. We have two dogs, three cats, a lizard and two aquariums, so we figure that should take care of the nurturing bit. And we agreed that if somewhere down the road, we get an unexpected yearning for kids, we'll become foster parents. Religion creates an occasional debate session; he's an atheist and I'm "spiritually minded" although I don't have anything to do with organized religion. But here again, we don't push our views on the other and are supportive of each other's beliefs. We handle money about the same way; don't buy anything unless you can pay for it all at once, and save the rest. So as far as the big three, we're on the same page. I'd say the weirdest thing for me is that his mother is only six years older than me. I was nervous about that at first, but we get along really well and she's thrilled that we're engaged.

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Good luck MarlaD....I always love to suggest this website to people in a relationship...www.marriagebuilders.com (it's not a plug, it's just really great info!)

Read the list together about "Emotional Needs" and see if you guys are on the same page about what you expect/need from the other. It really is a good concept...if someone does not continue to meet your primary emotional needs, and you theirs (this is important because it may require some sacrifice to meet someone else's important needs) the love in a relationship cannot be sustained. Hope it all works out for you...age is not a factor if you make each other happy!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Be careful, YA... guys that are too self-deprecating can be just as annoying as overly arrogant guys. You might count yourself out of some good women that aren't as patient as you'd need them to be.

You can choose to not share, but don't be verbally knocking yourself down. That's not an attractive quality.

Just my 2cents.
    Ah, but that's my whole gimmick. Most of my humor revolves around making fun of myself. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything else and you won't really enjoy life.

Looks like I'll have to find another gimmick, then.

I guess I COULD always pick up high school girls (since I look way younger than I am). But (probably luckily for me?) there aren't any interested... and they play too many damn games.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Ah, but that's my whole gimmick. Most of my humor revolves around making fun of myself. After all, if you can't laugh at yourself, you can't laugh at anything else and you won't really enjoy life.

Looks like I'll have to find another gimmick, then.

I don't know why I keep giving Bruce dating advice - but I do. (Maybe I just want him out of my hair!)

He asks me about which "gimmicks" he should use - he doesn't get that "gimmicks" don't work. It may work to "get" someone, then after you get her, she sees the real you, and that's not what she started out with.

Am I missing something here?

+ Reply to Thread