+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 284 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

I say email him and if he doesn't respond then at least you know you've tried.

Good luck and keep us posted.
    Smile it makes people wonder what you are up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda
    Wouldn't you so much rather regret something you did than something you could have/should have/wish you'd done?

That's always been my motto.

I wouldn't even hesitate. Go get him.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I would say most definately email. That's one part of how my husband and I started, although we knew each other otherwise, too. Our situation was somewhat similar to yours. It was just that both of us were a little too shy to go straighforward with the matter being surrounded by our mutual friends every time we met. And I guess we were kind of examining if the ice would hold before we skated on it. It started with just one casual line through email, and the messages just grew in length... Which was competely silly because we were emailing each other within the same darn building (But that's what geeks do ;P) Good luck to you, you never know where it will take you.
    ps. This is just my opinion in the matter.

Phonegrrrl - Have you emailed him yet???????? If you haven't get on it girl !!! I totally agree about living life with no regrets and no woulda, shoulda. coulda's.
    I had met my hubby the summer before I turned 21 through a friend, we flirted a bit and then I saw him again just prior to my birthday, got the kahunas (took alot for me) to see if he wanted to come out with all of us for my birthday. He showed up and the rest is history (we will be together 10 yrs in less than a month )

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I just sent a PM with a smidgen of advice. Then I realized, who am I to be giving relationship advice? I should be taking it, not dishing it out.
    We must be related.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Heck yeah, email him. We live in the cyber age. Things today are not how we used to do it yesterday. Emailing is akin to leaving flowers on a car windshield. And hurry up...tell us how it went!!!!!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    J.D., how you doin'?
    aww, geez, and I thought I performed a miracle. Oooops. Sorry.

phonegrrrl I hope you took a grab at the brass ring and casually emailed him. You never know unless you try.

I knew my husband for 3 years before we ever dated.. he was engaged during the 3 years but the relationship ended and it took alot but I finally worked up the nerve to tell him I was interested in him ..(actually I was 21 and reverted to school yard tactics by telling a common aquaintence that I was interested .. I knew she was a big mouth so my message was received loud and clear ) .. and the rest is 11 years of history.
    Good Luck - and remember he who hesitates is lost.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I would email him. Tell him you enjoyed his conversation on the flight, and running into him a second time was a treat. Ask him to have a cup of coffee and tell him you would like to get to know him better. It doesnt have to be a romantic relationship, even if he is involved, I am sure he would enjoy the friendship. Keep us posted on how he responds to your email. Enquiring Minds.. wanna know.. ya know .

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    I would email him. Tell him you enjoyed his conversation on the flight, and running into him a second time was a treat. Ask him to have a cup of coffee and tell him you would like to get to know him better. It doesnt have to be a romantic relationship, even if he is involved, I am sure he would enjoy the friendship. Keep us posted on how he responds to your email. Enquiring Minds.. wanna know.. ya know .
    . has to be the best advice I have read, really hit the nail on the head there CB.

+ Reply to Thread