+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 284 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    I just sent a PM with a smidgen of advice. Then I realized, who am I to be giving relationship advice? I should be taking it, not dishing it out.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    I just sent a PM with a smidgen of advice. Then I realized, who am I to be giving relationship advice? I should be taking it, not dishing it out.
    J.D.,you want advise? TAKE ME!!! i'M ALL YOURS FOR THE ASKING

On a serious note, the guy may be interested but in todays, sexual harassment society, where any comment can be turned into harassment, like saying "you like nice today" he may have been holding back. email him, then let him decide. at least he knows your interested and men like that today!

How about sending him an e-mail inviting him for a drink, now that you realize he's gay as he didn't ask for your phone number after the incredibly stimulating conversation that you had on that plane, but that you'd still like to continue your friendship. If he's not gay, he'll definitely say yes, just to prove his manhood, and if he is gay, he'll probably say yes too.

Or........he may be offended that you thought he was gay, and not want to meet you at all because of it, but who wants to meet a man like that anyway..

YOu can't lose..............

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    J.D.,you want advise? TAKE ME!!! i'M ALL YOURS FOR THE ASKING

On a serious note, the guy may be interested but in todays, sexual harassment society, where any comment can be turned into harassment, like saying "you like nice today" he may have been holding back. email him, then let him decide. at least he knows your interested and men like that today!

Whattya kiddin' me? I been chasing you all over the fort for months!

That's an interesting take on things. I've heard the thing at clubs lately is for men to give women their phone numbers instead of the other way around. It may be to avoid the rejection factor, but I think it's great. I haven't been on the dating scene for a long time, but I'm back now as of June 14 (*wink*wink*).

Okay, I'll shut up now. I know I could use some advice too - I haven't even set my foot out the door to meet someone yet....I mean for a date, not another spouse. We all know I am engaged already, but we have an "open engagement."

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Whattya kiddin' me? I been chasing you all over the fort for months! ."
    see. thats how blind us guys are now-a-days, you got to email us and ask us to be your boytoy.

There ya go fellas, does something like that get a guy's attention?

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I too am relationship challenged, so (in best Bill Clinton voice I can do) "I feel your pain". Never been married, never really had a girlfriend. I take any rejection hard, so it takes a long time to recover sufficiently to ask another girl out. As a result, dates are few and far between for me.

Personally I'd love it if a girl would ask me out, and I think most guys would agree. That whole thing about "you don't want to look too forward" is crap, IMHO. If you like me, tell me, and if not, then don't pretend that you do just to mess around with my head.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

J.D., how you doin'?

Maybe you could quickly plan a get-together for several of your friends-that way he could just stop in and see you as a group and not feel pressured.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowApple
    I too am relationship challenged, so (in best Bill Clinton voice I can do) "I feel your pain". Never been married, never really had a girlfriend. I take any rejection hard, so it takes a long time to recover sufficiently to ask another girl out. As a result, dates are few and far between for me.
    Same here on the female side of things. I have had "fun" with several guys, but only been in one serious relationship and I take rejection harder than anyone else I know. That fear of rejection makes it difficult to meet anyone new, much less get close to anyone. I have never asked anyone out on a date (always wait for them to ask) and I think its starting to hurt my chances.

+ Reply to Thread