+ Reply to Thread
Page 282 of 284 FirstFirst ... 182232272273274275276277278279280281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,811 to 2,820 of 2833

Thread: Relationship Challenged

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Re: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3127007;
    One of my friends lives in a neighborhood and they do a weekly Fri. evening block party. They call it Flamingo Friday's and the hosts get the Flamingo and put it out in the front yard the week of the party, so everyone knows which house is the host.
    The host is required to provide ice, cups, napkins, a front or backyard for the party and a bathroom. Everyone else brings the drinks they want and a "finger food" and chairs if they would like. It's open to all ages and lasts about 2-3 hours every Fri. They do this all summer. Some weeks there are lots of people, some not so many. But the entire neighborhood looks forward to it as it's a low key, stress free way to end the week.
    I was invited to go last night and couldn't because of car trouble, but Miss Kitty, why don't you suggest your neighbors do something similar. If they don't want to host a "big do" weekly, maybe once a month or every two weeks.
    This is actually fairly low key and supposedly the hosts find it easy to do.
    I love this block party idea! I haven't met some of my neighbors in my new 'hood and my son hasn't met anyone around here that is his age either(15)...I think I'm gonna mention this to my S.O. and see what he thinks about doing this....
    Thanks for the idea mrd!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

MRD

I know, it's a cool idea isn't it?

I'd do it here, but I already know I hate most of my neighbors. Perhaps one day when we move.

I can send you by email the info if you want to PM me. My friend that did this sent me the invitation and "instruction" sheet and I could forward those to you.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3138468;
    I know, it's a cool idea isn't it?

I'd do it here, but I already know I hate most of my neighbors. Perhaps one day when we move.

I can send you by email the info if you want to PM me. My friend that did this sent me the invitation and "instruction" sheet and I could forward those to you.
    Could you e-mail it to me too, please?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

So my sweetie came to visit and was a tremendous help, helping me move things from my sister's house and my house to my twin sinister's house. He worked really hard and put up with all the "personalities" and "conflicts" in the family. He ate everything that I made that was allowed on my new diet without complaint. In fact, he actually liked all the fruits and veggies and didn't tried to sabotage me with wanting wine, or pizza or anything. And he was just as concerned about my Dad overdoing it as I was; he loves my Dad. The only problem was we were so tired from helping out with the move every day he was here, that we didn't even get a chance to go to a movie, or see the Body Worlds show. We also didn't get much of a chance to talk about our relationship. I did manage to fit in a bit about meeting new people and getting a few good friends to get out and do activities with; both him and me in our respective cities. That he needs more balance in his life as do I. He immediately became sad and though I was trying to break up with him. I felt really bad that I was feeling lonely and unhappy because we live apart. He was so happy to visit me and help out that I just backed down. I'm such a coward

Oh, and then he had to go and be really nice and buy me an IPOD because he was so proud I was sticking to my diet plan and getting more active. I feel like a schmuck now.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hi misskitty, don't feel like a jerk. But also, don't feel guilty for wanting more out of a relationship than he is able to offer. You deserve to have a boyfriend that shares the same goals/desires as you. It seems like you both really care for each other, but neither of you is willing to move to be with the other. Personally, I wouldn't have moved for a guy unless we were engaged or married...It's just too risky to transplant your life for a guy--unless you have always WANTED to move to where he lives (or vice versa) and see that as an opportunity as well as an adventure.

I'm not going to tell you to break it off with him or to not break up with him. That's a choice you have to make. Just ask yourself what you want, tell him what you want and then take it from there. You have a right to want to see your boyfriend more than you currently are.

It sounds like he has many qualities that are attractive in a man, which is making this even more difficult. But I do think that communication is key in figuring out what is best--for the both of you.

MissKitty, I think you should get a piece of paper and put a line down the middle. On one side write "pro" and on the other write "con". Then take your time and fill out the pro and con side. Then after looking at it, you can decided what you'll do.

misskitty, you shouldn't feel like a jerk. You are dating someone who is a great person, but they, or the situation, may not be a perfect fit for you.

Thanks for the advice, my friends. We're taking things one day at a time for now.

Here's something I came across:

10 signs he's into you

These telltale signs will let you know that he's interested in you!

Ever wonder if the cute guy at your office is flirting with you or just being Mr. Nice Guy? Sometimes the signals guys send can leave us totally confused, but chances are if he's showing most of these below, then you have yourself an admirer!

1. Eye contact --If he's looking straight into your eyes every time you talk it's probably not because you have a fallen eyelash or your mascara is running. Steady eye contact shows he's completely focused on you and really listening to what you have to say.

2. Leaning into you When there's no attraction between two people, they keep a safe distance between their bodies. But if you find your suspected crush leaning in closer when you have a one on one conversation it's a sign he's into you and wants to get closer.

3. The magic touch --Gentle touches on the arm or back are a sure sign a guy's into you unless he's just a touchy-feely guy with just about everyone. Touching shows intimacy and that's what he's looking for, so the next time your hands brush at the photocopier remember he could be sending you a sign.

4. Funny to meet you here-- Coincidence it may be -- but a guy just happens to keep showing up at places you hang out (and you hadn't seen him there until recently) it's probably not an accident. Take advantage and strike up a conversation to find out what's up.

5. You're oh-so funny --You may think you have a great sense of humour and tell awesome jokes, but normally you don't even get a snicker out of you friends with your jokes. But this one guy loves them and laughs every time -- he could be crushing on you and your funny bone.

6. His friends know about you-- Maybe your admirer is just an acquaintance -- so chances are you don't know his friends too well. But, if his friends seem to know about you and your likes/dislikes it means he's been talking about you -- a lot.

7. He's chumming it up with your friends-- In an effort to get to know more about you -- your secret crush may want to get chummy with your pals. If he's sending you other signs plus this, he's likely totally into you.

8. He really listens to you He seems to remember every little detail -- you told him months ago you like your latte made with soy and a dash of cinnamon -- in an office meeting. Now he's bringing you a soy latte when he does a coffee run -- complete with the dash of cinnamon.

9. He's totally nervous around you-- Guys pride themselves on being confident -- except when they are head over heels for a woman. So if you notice him getting nervous or flustered around you he could be worried about not making a good impression on you.

10. He wants to be on your team-- Whether it's a team or group for the office, or a team of friends playing tag football, if he always wants to be on your team (or picks you first) it could be a sign that he's into you -- so play along, who knows what will happen!

10 signs he's into you : Love : Lifestyle : Sympatico / MSN

MRD

Anyone know of a good forum or website that focuses on relationship issues?
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3870855;
    Anyone know of a good forum or website that focuses on relationship issues?
    Wow...this thread must have really died! I haven't had much time for the general discussion threads the last two years, but just happened to see this pop up and took a peek...and discovered I haven't missed a thing! I guess this means that FORTers have happy relationships! Or else they are so bad they are in the "troubles" thread.
    So, misskitty, tell us how the boyfriend issue was resolved!

+ Reply to Thread