+ Reply to Thread
Page 281 of 284 FirstFirst ... 181231271272273274275276277278279280281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,810 of 2833

Thread: Relationship Challenged

MRD

Re: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3120698;
    Great way to meet kids and mommies, anyway. I guess if you spotted a cute guy (probably one of my clones ) you could tell him that face painting isn't just for kids . . .
    I would like to see Miss Kitty do face painting on you Newf! I bet it would look great! Go fabulous with that green Speedo! You'd have to fight them off with a stick.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have been waiting for mention of the "green speedo"-I didn't want to be the one who always brings it up! Thanks, MRD, for taking one for the Famita!!

I'm afraid I'm leaning towards staying in Calgary and working the job I committed to do. I really do need the money to pay for the workshops and my bus, and the practice.

So I thought that I could make up an introduction sheet with my house photo, me & my kitts, and just say hello to the neighbors I missed at the Block Party. I could attach my facepainting business card and at least they would know who lives at my house. I could either leave it in their mailboxes when I return or have my neighbor who will be attending put them out in a box in front of my house.

I still wish I could do both events.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

You could also have an open house after you get back, say inviting people to drop by between like 1-4PM or something...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3126893;
    You could also have an open house after you get back, say inviting people to drop by between like 1-4PM or something...
    One of my friends lives in a neighborhood and they do a weekly Fri. evening block party. They call it Flamingo Friday's and the hosts get the Flamingo and put it out in the front yard the week of the party, so everyone knows which house is the host.
    The host is required to provide ice, cups, napkins, a front or backyard for the party and a bathroom. Everyone else brings the drinks they want and a "finger food" and chairs if they would like. It's open to all ages and lasts about 2-3 hours every Fri. They do this all summer. Some weeks there are lots of people, some not so many. But the entire neighborhood looks forward to it as it's a low key, stress free way to end the week.
    I was invited to go last night and couldn't because of car trouble, but Miss Kitty, why don't you suggest your neighbors do something similar. If they don't want to host a "big do" weekly, maybe once a month or every two weeks.
    This is actually fairly low key and supposedly the hosts find it easy to do.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3126893;
    misskitty, I'm with gabriel and myrosiedog. I think if you hand out flyers, it will make it seem like you're trying to drum up business rather than meeting new people. A little open house at your place outside could be lowkey--you can provide lemonade and cookies or something really easy and simple. I often make a double layer chocolate ganache cake and people love to have a tiny slice of that (it's really rich, so it goes a long way).

Have fun in Calgary!!!

I'm with everyone else; if you can't make the block party, just wait till later and have a inexpensive meet and greet of some type. The block party isn't really the place for advertising.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Excellent point everyone. I never thought of that. I could do a simple invite for coffee/ice tea on the veranda if the whether is still nice the next weekend or so. With cookies and squares. That way, it's not a big event, and I could meet whoever has time to stop by! Great idea!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

MRD

Wish I could stop by!

Great idea misskitty...kind of like a lemonade stand for adults!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread