+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 284 FirstFirst ... 179229269270271272273274275276277278279280281282283284 LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 2833

Thread: Relationship Challenged

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Relationship Challenged

I have to say I agree with all the above. It's one thing if this was a high school romance that ended due to one family's moving away, or something else beyond your, or his, control--yes, sometimes those "reunions" do work out years later. But this guy was no prize 8 years ago, and even though he's "in love" with you apparently if you hadn't kept up contact with the kitties he would never have done anything about it...sounds like still not a prize to me. I'm guessing his "kitties" never even answered yours in all those years....
    If you need help pruning those high branches call a tree surgeon company if you can afford it--who knows, the guy who comes to do your estimate might be the guy of your dreams! Or let your dad hold it---not too stressful for him-- or trade ladder holding favors with another single neighbor.
    I take it your long distance guy has some good reason he can't move to your town? If you really want to see if there's something worth preserving there you could schedule at least a two week get together instead of your series of one night or one weekend stands. Dont' even tell him it is a "test"--this is for you to answer your questions. Bring your kitties along for the ride! Of course two weeks isn't = to real life, but it is a lot closer approximation than what you've got going now. What you have now is fine if you are happy with it, but sounds as if you are getting to be not.

Wow! You guys are just the best!

I've thought back on the relationship with my ex, and even though there were magical times, there were also those frustrating and hurtful times that I definitely do not want to go back to. And I honestly don't think I can trust him, even if he says he's grown up and matured. I still feel bad though that I've hurt him with my honesty. I hate hurting anyone.

queenb: Yes, you are correct. My kitty sending e-mails to his kitty was a way to keep in touch. I guess that will stop right about now too.

My Dad has always been a wonderful help to me. That's the kind of Dad he is. He's always been there for us girls. But he's over 75, has a pacemaker and needs to enjoy a bit more of his visits, rather than work hard at them all the time. I don't want a boyfriend just to help with yardwork. I must admit, whenever I had a boyfriend, they didn't know squat about mowing a lawn or fixing a fence.

But I am getting tired of being alone for up to months at a time. I just want someone to hang out with, watch movies, go to festivals, cook dinner for, go for walks, and to deeply care for. Someone to share new things with and be able to get together with friends.

My sweetie's entire family and business is in his city. He would lose a lot if he had to move. And my kitties do not travel well. A couple, not at all.

Sigh. Maybe I'll just have to be content to be the cat lady.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3104036;
    But I am getting tired of being alone for up to months at a time. I just want someone to hang out with, watch movies, go to festivals, cook dinner for, go for walks, and to deeply care for. Someone to share new things with and be able to get together with friends.
    misskitty, would a friend (of either gender) work for you...or do you think it's specifically a boyfriend that you need right now? Some of the most fun I've had in the past was hanging out with my girlfriends and also my fabulous gay friends. I do know that it can be very lonely not to have a special someone in your life...but I truly to believe that it is better to be content with yourself and alone and available to other men (who may turn out to be your dream guy), than to be in an unhappy relationship that frustrates you more than anything else.

You can hire handymen to help you with fixing things around your house. I think you're a wonderful daughter to want your dad to relax when he comes to visit. And I agree--at 75, he should be spending his time talking to you rather than climbing on ladders!!! I also know that Mr. Lane and many of the other men in my neighborhood are happy to help some of the women here who are single moms. And they don't expect to be paid. In fact, they wouldn't hear of it! It's just something that neighbors do for each other. One of the children painted my husband a lovely "thank you" card that we have up on our fridge still. If you have nice neighbors, I'm sure they'd help. And you can make them a dinner in exchange or paint their children's faces!

...Maybe I'll just have to be content to be the cat lady.
    Nothing wrong with that!

My Dad has always been a wonderful help to me. That's the kind of Dad he is. He's always been there for us girls. But he's over 75, has a pacemaker and needs to enjoy a bit more of his visits, rather than work hard at them all the time. I don't want a boyfriend just to help with yardwork. I must admit, whenever I had a boyfriend, they didn't know squat about mowing a lawn or fixing a fence.
    Well, too bad you don't live about 3000 miles Southeast...I could hold your ladder, and you could call 911 if I cut off my leg with the chainsaw.

Maybe I'll just have to be content to be the cat lady.
    It's a hrd job, but somebody's gotta do it. Seriously, you never know when you might run into new friends or special people when you aren't trying so hard. Maybe you might even think about volunteering for cat rescue days at the Petco or something, so you could meet more cat lovers like you. I'd like to do that myself if my job allowed me time.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Nothing wrong with being the cat lady.

misskitty: All of your FORT friends chipped in, and we got you this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

Lois: You may be right. I could use a couple of good friends who are more available. The few I have don't live here anymore. And I've said many times, I'd love to meet a couple of gay fellows who like to get out now and then. I know it's partly my fault. I don't have much money to go out to restaurants, lounges, or events to meet single people. It's also become a dangerous city, so going alone to even decent places isn't always a good idea. And I haven't had much luck meeting anyone while walking my cat in this neighborhood. Everyone is married, retired, or has a handful of children who are involved with other families. Those I have met, who I'm friendly with to say Hi, lead very busy lives. I only seem to catch them coming and going.

The fellow who is renovating next door is amazing; he's nice, has just about every trade ticket you'd need and would probably help me with something if he got the chance. But he's working 6 days a week as it is. He's also already considering moving to the coast. I have that curse. Almost every man I meet either moves away or lives somewhere else.

Trustworthy and honest handymen are hard to find and cost money I don't have. I do pay for them when it's impossible for me to do the work; like cutting my elm tree down. But that cost me $1300. One tree. I haven't met any single or married guys who are keen on helping a single gal do yard or handyman stuff free. Mind you, I have to admit, I haven't asked.

I know I'm happier being alone than in a bad relationship. I learned that lesson.

queenb: I'm sure we'd be able to get a ton of stuff done and have a great time doing it as well! Thanks for the offer. You can hold the chainsaw; I find them a bit heavy to lift when I am 15 feet up!

gabriel and newf: I do like being a cat lady. Thank you so much for the starter kit! I just saw that LOL today!!

I must just be getting down because this summer I seem to have so much to do that requires a second pair of hands. Honestly, if I could find me a purple magical elf I'd be tickled!

I think if I had a few social things to do, my need for people would be satisfied. I do like my own company and find I can usually amuse myself (and others when I'm not expecting it). Hopefully, this feeling will pass soon.

ETA: I have not heard back from the ex about my offer of friendship. Not a word. Surprise, surprise.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Gay men are the best friends a woman can have! They can still be strong enough to protect you if the need arises, yet girly enough to go shopping with and have a great time! My best g/f has never really had a lasting relationship and it is now hitting her very hard. Her only child has moved to another state and the man she had hoped would come around after 15 years of on and off again just isn't stepping up to the challenge. I talk to her alot and that seems to make it easier for her to be alone. I live in a different city now so getting together isn't that easy. My DH is understanding and doesn't get too upset if I need to have some girl time with her to give her support.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3117485;
    Gay men are the best friends a woman can have! They can still be strong enough to protect you if the need arises, yet girly enough to go shopping with and have a great time! My best g/f has never really had a lasting relationship and it is now hitting her very hard. Her only child has moved to another state and the man she had hoped would come around after 15 years of on and off again just isn't stepping up to the challenge. I talk to her alot and that seems to make it easier for her to be alone. I live in a different city now so getting together isn't that easy. My DH is understanding and doesn't get too upset if I need to have some girl time with her to give her support.
    I wholeheartedly agree. And they will dance with you when your husband won't.
    I have a very, very, very good friend that I've known now for 28 years! He has been a fabulous friend. My relationship with him has outlasted several women friend relationships.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

They last because they never get jealous of you! They don't care if you are prettier or smarter, etc. They don't try to steal your mate either, unless your mate happens to be in the closet!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread