+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Re: Relationship Challenged

Count me in as one of the relationship challenged. Just finally/officially/closure-wise ended a 4 year steady and one year off/on relationship. It sucks! But what can you do and it really was mutual in the sense neither of us were getting what we wanted, but I still care and love the person.

I got to admit, it's kind of nice to not be attached, but I also miss the connection part.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2819704;
    I came to report that I've been asked out on a date...but I can't bring myself to go.
    Why is that? Just go and have fun. No expectations.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV;2819704;
    I came to report that I've been asked out on a date...but I can't bring myself to go.
    Is it because you don't want to go out with this specific person...or that you do want to go out with him but can't do it?

I think I just get carried away that he's going to like me way more than I'm ready for, how stupid is that. I have a bad habit of walking down the aisle with someone in my mind before I even say hello.

Is it my age??
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2819976;
    Count me in as one of the relationship challenged. Just finally/officially/closure-wise ended a 4 year steady and one year off/on relationship. It sucks! But what can you do and it really was mutual in the sense neither of us were getting what we wanted, but I still care and love the person.

I got to admit, it's kind of nice to not be attached, but I also miss the connection part.
    I agree on the nice not to be attached, kind of free to find yourself again? But I do miss talking to someone about a great movie I saw the other night part, so I completely can relate with you

Tell me how it goes!!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

PGM: That's great news!

LoisLane: You are a good-looking wife!!

Buglover: I'm glad your hubby seems to be gaining a bit more self-esteem.

Ginger: Did you have fun at the baseball game? You should try the first date with no expectations. Age is just a number. Whether it's your age or his.

canadian_angel: I'm sorry that things didn't work out. But you are so young...23! You have your whole life ahead to meet great men (and dogs). You never know when things will work out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2819976;

I'm sorry to hear that your 4 year relationship has ended.

We are around the same age, so let me tell you that being young and single is absolutely fabulous! I have my whole life to be in a relationship, so I'm going to live it up while I can.

I know there are a lot of people who feel like they constantly have to have a SO in order to feel like a "complete" and loved person, but I don't. If I want to go see a movie, I call up my friends. If I want to go to a bar or club, I call up my gals. If I'm having a bad day and need a hug or shoulder to cry on, I call up my best guy friend. I have such a wonderful, close group of friends around me that I don't need a SO to feel like I have a fullfilled life.

Don't get me wrong, having one special person in your life can be nice, but I'm having such a blast being single and meeting the wrong ones that I'm not worried about having the right one at this point in time.

Eventually I do want to get married and have kids, but for now, it's me time.
    Wake up and be awesome

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2820571;
    LoisLane: You are a good-looking wife!!
    Thank you misskitty!

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;2820571;
    canadian_angel: I'm sorry that things didn't work out. But you are so young...23! You have your whole life ahead to meet great men (and dogs). You never know when things will work out.
    Thank you! I agree it sucks, but I do have my whole life ahead and I really found that in the past year I've changed SO much that it's really a whole new social scene out there for me. I'm not looking for anything right now so I'm just going to take what comes.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2820968;

We are around the same age, so let me tell you that being young and single is absolutely fabulous! I have my whole life to be in a relationship, so I'm going to live it up while I can.

I know there are a lot of people who feel like they constantly have to have a SO in order to feel like a "complete" and loved person, but I don't. If I want to go see a movie, I call up my friends. If I want to go to a bar or club, I call up my gals. If I'm having a bad day and need a hug or shoulder to cry on, I call up my best guy friend. I have such a wonderful, close group of friends around me that I don't need a SO to feel like I have a fullfilled life.

Don't get me wrong, having one special person in your life can be nice, but I'm having such a blast being single and meeting the wrong ones that I'm not worried about having the right one at this point in time.
    I'm enjoying being single... but every single one of my friends is attached. So I definitely find that I feel like the odd woman out when we all go out as a group which seems to be more often now. Or maybe it just seems that way because I'm the only one without someone else there .

I don't mind being without someone, I do find though because I'm away at school and my family/friends are back home that I do tend to get lonely for company, but that's not relationship company, that's just for people I love. So I do miss the connection part, but I think that has much more to do with my location situation. My friends here are wonderful, but it's definitely not the same.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2820968;

Eventually I do want to get married and have kids, but for now, it's me time.

Good for you! I know so many women that just HAVE to be in a relationship that they take any loser that comes around and then have bad relationships because they think that is better than none. Me, I had lots of times I was alone and I was fine with it. I didn't meet my husband until I was 25 and we didn't get married until I was 27. We've been married 19 years tomorrow. I think it's better to wait and get to know YOURSELF and be comfortable with that first. I had friends ask me back then how could I stand to be alone. WHAT? First of all, I would have liked to have had relationships when I was in those "dry" spells, but I also wasn't just going to take the first man I could grab off the street. And secondly, back then, I had a great group of friends that I did a lot of stuff with, so if I was alone, it was my choosing. And because of that group of people I knew and hung out with, I met my husband and got to know him before we ever started dating.
    Sometimes being in a relationship is overrated.

And I've tried to raise my daughter that you don't need a man in your life to be fulfilled and we also have raised her to be independent and have impressed on her to be FINANCIALLY independent so she doesn't NEED someone to support her because I've also had friends that stayed in really bad relationships and marriages because financially they couldn't do it on their own.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread