+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Re: Relationship Challenged

That's always nice to find people you know who have more in common with you than you thought.

Do any of you have a problem with your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend not wanting to have friends because they fear you might like them and hook up? Mr buglover tends to have an issue with having friends because the moment they say I'm a good looking wife, he cuts them off.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2818793;
    Do any of you have a problem with your husband/boyfriend/girlfriend not wanting to have friends because they fear you might like them and hook up? Mr buglover tends to have an issue with having friends because the moment they say I'm a good looking wife, he cuts them off.
    Nobody says I'm a good-looking wife...

No, Mr. Lane's friends think I'm nice looking but he's not threatened by it at all. He's flattered. As for me hooking up with my friends...my best guy friends are gay so hes not threatened at all! But even when I hang out with any of my friends--gay or not, male or female--he's not threatened by them. (I think he's happy to get me out of the house! )

Are your husband's friends saying it while they're drooling and making lewd gestures, or are they just commenting as a compliment to HIM that he got such a pretty woman to marry him?

While drooling I believe. When we go to the supermarket or gas station he gets really irritated by the men who leer at me while I'm out of the car. I'm younger than him so maybe he fears I will find younger men attractive. He's funny like that.
    Yup, with donuts!!

buglover- Tell hubby that you're not interested in them.

Oh I tell him all the time. I think he feels that because he's older and a bit out of shape that I want something like a model. I love his belly, his grey beard and everything! He just needs to come into his own again and feel more self esteem like he used to when we first met.
    Yup, with donuts!!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2818960;
    Oh I tell him all the time. I think he feels that because he's older and a bit out of shape that I want something like a model. I love his belly, his grey beard and everything! He just needs to come into his own again and feel more self esteem like he used to when we first met.
    I would tell him exactly what you said there. And also that if you wanted a 24 year old male model, that's what you would've went after. But hey, why have hamburger when you can have steak? (Your husband being the steak, of course) I just saw your family photos and I don't know why Mr Buglover is paranoid. He's very handsome! (Your whole family is good looking!)

Thanks Lois! I think it may have been because he's been out of work for so long his self esteem is lower. He's taken on the manager position here at our apt complex and it has really boosted him up! He feels important and contributing so things will get better!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2818960;
    Do you tell him that if you had wanted a model, you would have married one. That you got the greatest guy in the world already and why would you even want anyone else? I'm sure you do. That's a hard one Bug. I had a friend that was INSANELY jealous of her husband and had no cause to be. I never could understand it. She was sure that every woman he came into contact with was someone he was interested in and he never was. He really only had eyes for her. I used to talk to her about it and she couldn't really explain it. And she honestly caused a LOT of problems between them because of this.

I used to get ticked at my husband because he didn't get jealous, but now I see that he's just really secure and he trusts me as I do him. But I did have a guy try to pick me up at a party and I get so flustered, I went running to him to have him "defend my honor" and he thinks its funny and that's what ticked me off.
    But I am glad he and I both seem to feel very secure with each other.

Although I did inadvertantly insult mine. Well he's not really insulted, but he won't let me forget it and now with Peter Frampton doing Geico commercials, I get reminded it it a LOT now. I was talking about PF and how cute he used to be when I was in highschool and how I couldn't believe how much he had changed as he got older and how he really was fairly unattractive now that all that gorgeous curly long hair was gone. And here's how I made it worse. I went on to say something along the lines of: "you kind of look like him honey".
    So now he's constantly teasing me that I think he's old and ugly like Peter Frampton now.

So I dont' know Bug. I mean, he can't just keep cutting friends out of his life. If you were going to run off (and I'm not saying you would), you could just as easily run off with the meat manager at the grocery store where you shop than with one of his friends. Maybe the new job will make a difference in how he feels about himself and that will help.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I came to report that I've been asked out on a date...but I can't bring myself to go.

BUT, I do have plans to go to a softball game with lots of people tomorrow!! Maybe I'll make some new friends there?

Wish me luck!

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2819053;
    Although I did inadvertantly insult mine. Well he's not really insulted, but he won't let me forget it and now with Peter Frampton doing Geico commercials, I get reminded it it a LOT now. I was talking about PF and how cute he used to be when I was in highschool and how I couldn't believe how much he had changed as he got older and how he really was fairly unattractive now that all that gorgeous curly long hair was gone. And here's how I made it worse. I went on to say something along the lines of: "you kind of look like him honey".
    So now he's constantly teasing me that I think he's old and ugly like Peter Frampton now.
    You could probably end this by telling hubby that whatever Peter doesn't have anymore, Hubby still has, including NOT looking old and hair!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread