+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 284 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Actually, ineedaboytoy, I think you're in the place now that you should have been in 16 years ago.

You know what doesn't work for you, now go find what does. Just be picky and don't settle!
    You crack me up with all of your Ineeda's to suit whatever my dilemma.....But yes, that is sort of my motto right now..."this is me....either you like me or you don't" I am done sacrificing who and what I am all about for the sake of a relationship...

Oh and Broadway, if you ever need relationship advice....just do what I did and take a deep breath and post (and grin and bear it)

Thanks everyone else for your input. You are all so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by onetvslave
    I always feel sorry for people who allow their romantic relationships to consume every moment of their lives, because if those relationships do happen to fail, the person is left with nothing that defines them as an individual and often scrambles to dive into another serious relationship right away, which may often be a mistake.
    That is a very valid concern however, I have so many other interests (allbeit, some were neglected while married but easily picked up again now that I have more freedom) and great friends and most importantly, I have two wonderful children. They define my life (and my big decisions) now.
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Hi. My name is Ineedalife and I am Relationship Challenged.

So here's my question....Is it wrong for me not to "take a long break" from dating?

Thanks for listening.
    Go date. Date alot. Date them all. Just don't get too serious too fast.

Don't go looking for your next husband, go looking for a guy who would be fun for a week or two or three. Try on a few guys for size.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Ineeda, only you can decide what is best for you. I don't think it's wrong "not to take a long break from dating". As you said in your post, you finally know where your head is at. Believe me, sometimes I'm not sure I've figured out where mine is yet. Just keep your children in mind and make sure they aren't in an uncomfortable situation. It might be a little hard on them to see you moving on if they haven't. (Does that make sense). Otherwise, enjoy yourself a bit.

Ineeda,
    Only you can know what is best for you. I'm sure your friends are just acting out of concern, but you need to make it clear to them that you know what you are doing and that you aren't looking to get married again right now. You just want to date. Good luck and enjoy yourself!

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Oh my, I should start charging for my services. Now that stupid Matchmaker song from Fiddler on the Roof is running through my head.

You ladies sign up for Fortcon 2 and I'll see what I can do.
    I am so there!!

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    Go date. Date alot. Date them all. Just don't get too serious too fast.

Don't go looking for your next husband, go looking for a guy who would be fun for a week or two or three. Try on a few guys for size.
    Like a soup de jeur? I likey! You do it too girlie!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

So...all you single ladies...How y'all doin'?

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    So...all you single ladies...How y'all doin'?

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Actually, ineedaboytoy,....

Boytoys rock.

Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    Like a soup de jeur? I likey! You do it too girlie!

At some point. I'm not there yet. Shoot I'm still in the sharing my house with the soon to be ex phase. Which isn't much fun.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

+ Reply to Thread