+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 284 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252666116 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Is there a companion site: womanhaters.com?
    It'd never happen. Men can't hate women.. y'all need us too much, for many, many things.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    It'd never happen. Men can't hate women.. y'all need us too much, for many, many things.

Psst...guys, we don't really hate you either. We just sometimes wish we did.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Well, Erin, it happened to me, so it goes with both sexes. I fell in lust with a married woman except I never knew she was married. She told me her "ex" split and left her with the kids. We worked together at a bar I worked at part time so we mostly hung out after work. Imagine my surprise when one night her husband came strolling in to visit his wife.

When I did find out, you'd think I would've run, but like a love struck kid I thought she wanted me instead. Lust does some pretty f*%^ed up things and often blinds us. What she really wanted was an escape from reality. He was emotionally abusive and I provided that missing piece. I was that escape.

I heard all of the same advice that is being given to you and I chose to ignore it. After all, what did they know about our relationship?

What I eventually realized was that sometimes it hurts the most to hear the truth and we often ignore it, hoping the advice givers are wrong.

Hope everything works out for you. Be safe. Be strong!
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Psst...guys, we don't really hate you either. We just sometimes wish we did.
    *siiiiiiiiiigh*

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by funnygirl422
    I say go to your local fire department with a basket of muffins and tell them it's just to say thanks for all their hard work If that doesn't work, go home and start a fire in your kitchen and tell them you think it originated in the oven while you were baking more muffins. I'm telling ya, you'll have your pick of the litter.
    How sad is it that this actually sounds like a good idea to me?

Quote Originally Posted by erin_dye
    My newest relationship problem. I have been seeing a married guy. (I know, I know, Shame on me.) We have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. His wife just filed for divorce beginning of last week. I have not heard from him since Thursday and we usually see each other a 2-3 times a week. I can't call him because he and his wife are still living in the same house. Should I just assume the worst or am I just being impatient?
    Erin, let me offer some kind words of advice from a former wife who had a cheating husband. We were married for 7 years. Everyone thought we were the perfect couple. I never knew we had any problems, till one day he decides he wants a divorce. Yes, we had normal problems as most married couples do, but I never imagined they were so bad we couldnt fix them. He left me and went straight to her house. Three days later he comes home to get his things with hickeys all over his neck. The funny part of this story.. the day of our divorce.. the "other woman" dumped my ex husband. It cant be fun being the "other woman", but it really hurts when you are the "wife" of a cheater. Put yourself in the "Wife's" shoes.. how would you feel if he was doing this to you?? He may be telling you she doesnt clean house, she doesnt cook, she hardly has sex any more, things arent the same, etc. Those are typical excuses for the cheating male/female. Dont be drawn in to this tangled web. You deserve so much better. Find someone who is free to love you.. and you only. Don't blame yourself for liking someone married. We all have done that somewhere along the way. Best of luck to you and if you need to talk, feel free to pm me.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    That's interesting SG, where did those statistics come from?

I am actually enjoying reading everyone's outlook on relationships in general. The difficult thing is that, like others have said, 1) every situation is different, 2)only you can decide what is right for you and... sadly... 3)even when you know what is right for you, your heart doesn't always cooperate with your brain. Sigh...

Erin, I hope the sitauation works out for the best, whatever that is. Just remember that you deserve a good partner and don't let yourself be taken advantage of.
    Very well put OTS

My newest relationship problem.

I have been seeing a married guy. (I know, I know, Shame on me.) We have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. His wife just filed for divorce beginning of last week. I have not heard from him since Thursday and we usually see each other a 2-3 times a week. I can't call him because he and his wife are still living in the same house. Should I just assume the worst or am I just being impatient?
    Poor Erin.
    As someone in the middle of the divorcing but still living together game....let me tell you, it's the pits. My guess is he is in shock because he figured his wife would come to her senses and not file and when she did he figured he could talk her out of it. I can't imigine this would be a good time to start a relationship even if he was the greatest guy in the world. I'm sure even if he felt it was "safe to date" because the wife was making "I'm divorcing you" noises, he really didn't think it was going to happen, it was just a crazy phase the she was going through.

But what do I know, I may be confusing this with my life.

going back to worrying about poor Unk's cat fighting off the pig.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    My newest relationship problem.

I have been seeing a married guy. (I know, I know, Shame on me.) We have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. His wife just filed for divorce beginning of last week. I have not heard from him since Thursday and we usually see each other a 2-3 times a week. I can't call him because he and his wife are still living in the same house. Should I just assume the worst or am I just being impatient?

Argh. I hate to even talk about it, (having just come out of a marriage where my husband had umpteen affairs.....no need to rehash), but if he'll cheat with you, he'll cheat on you.

Cheaters cheat and beaters beat. It's harsh, it hurts, but it's reality.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bunny
    Erin, let me offer some kind words of advice from a former wife who had a cheating husband. We were married for 7 years. Everyone thought we were the perfect couple. I never knew we had any problems, till one day he decides he wants a divorce. Yes, we had normal problems as most married couples do, but I never imagined they were so bad we couldnt fix them. He left me and went straight to her house. Three days later he comes home to get his things with hickeys all over his neck. The funny part of this story.. the day of our divorce.. the "other woman" dumped my ex husband. It cant be fun being the "other woman", but it really hurts when you are the "wife" of a cheater. Put yourself in the "Wife's" shoes.. how would you feel if he was doing this to you?? He may be telling you she doesnt clean house, she doesnt cook, she hardly has sex any more, things arent the same, etc. Those are typical excuses for the cheating male/female. Dont be drawn in to this tangled web. You deserve so much better. Find someone who is free to love you.. and you only. Don't blame yourself for liking someone married. We all have done that somewhere along the way. Best of luck to you and if you need to talk, feel free to pm me.

So eloquently put canadian bunny. And just remember erin, there IS someone out there that will love you for you and only you. Good luck. And like so many others have said, if you need to talk, feel free to pm me.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread