+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

I guess it was sorta different for me, when i was in high school,( and even before that) boys as they are wouldn't get past the fact that you were over weight, and i think unfortunately it's still the same today. But i reckon that sort of mentality is what being callow will afford you.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by giz
    ..They often are just not thinking past their pants and can't deal with having to have a conversation with the object of their affections. At least as they get older they get better at hiding that!..
    Um, some don't get any better at hiding it, no matter how old they get!

Quote Originally Posted by Jenthesurvivah
    :...will offer them a brief penis extension..
    You are just so refreshing! Don't change for anyone. It sounds like you are fairly confident and have an idea of what you want and where you are going. Don't compromise. Don't be someone you are not just to please a man. Someone appropriate will recognize your talents and beauty. Let him come to you.........well, I don't mean that literally!

A group of great friends is worth more than just a so-so guy.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Attitudes of Women to their Men

Why are so many women bossy to their husbands/boyfriends? I have women friends and acquaintances that are SO bossy with their husbands and boyfriends that the men have ask permission to come over and spend time with my husband. If they are 'allowed' to come over, the men hate answering their phones. And, they talk about being 'in trouble.' This whole concept is dumb to me. Most women would never put up with being told what to do like men do.

I started my relationship 6 years ago with my now-husband with only 3 rules: (1) Don't cheat on me; (2) Always come home; and (3) Don't be the guy that goes by himself to the strip club. . . And, it's worked out perfectly. My husband is very trustworthy, is the envy of all his friends, and he loves me more for not being like 'most women.'

Why are women like that? It kills me and definitely can't help their relationship! I'm looking for some answers, and apologize in advance for making such a sweeping generalization of my own gender.

I think because some men need that. Not all of them are able to follow your rules.

It's been my experience that those women are the ones who will be cheated on eventually. Basically, if they suspect it's happening, then why not? The guy's already being punished for it regardless!!!

I have the same rules that Charity does and it's just so much easier that way.

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

It is a sweeping generalization, but I think we've all seen those sorts of relationships. My guess is that it works for them or they wouldn't do it.
    I think for the most part, that every relationship has to do what works for the two people in it. It might seem dumb to people on the outside of it, but they don't have to be in it.

That being said, if a woman treats her husband like a child, she shouldn't get upset when he won't act like a man.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Awww, thanks for the kind words, you guys.

I really appreciate it because, well, I get the sense that most of you guys are much older than I am (17) and I feel like I can relate to your wisdom and knowledge over some of my peers my age...awww, I feel a little teary here.

Heh, I finally spotted my own double entedre here:

:...will offer them a brief penis extension..
    Oh dear, and I think I spotted a triple entendre if that's even possible.

But once again, thank you all.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by charity View Post
    Why are so many women bossy to their husbands/boyfriends?
    Because the guys let them. They feel like they won't be able to find another woman, so they kiss ass just to keep her happy so she'll stay with him. Sad, really.

JR.
    Jen, are you approaching any guys, or are you sitting back and waiting for them to come to you?

Well, I am not really approaching anyone at this moment. Nobody's really catching my attention.
    If you really did love music, you wouldn't limit yourself to just one genre.

+ Reply to Thread