+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 284 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by mkwdood
    Just moved on to being back in love with my husband.
    Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
    See what I mean. Every relationship is different. The father of my youngest child was never divorced. They've lived on different coasts for 10 years now. He's basically the "sperm donor" as far as I'm concerned, but he's a great father!

I think my position on cheaters has been made perfectly clear prevoiusly.. with that said ..

I'd say run Erin..and don't look back. If he will cheat with you, he will cheat on you. You don't need that kind of heartache.

Coming from the angle of the one cheated upon, here's my brief story. Many years ago my ex-husband had an affair with his secretary (not very creative, huh?) for several months. When I found out, I kicked him out, and he moved in with her. After two weeks, he decided he wanted to come back, but I just couldn't get past the deceit. I filed for divorce and he moved back in with her, but after one week, they were history. I think a lot of the excitement in the act of sneaking around was gone with me out of the picture.

My advice to you, Erin, is run away from him before you get more entangled in his messy life. You don't need that kind of grief.

As a side note, I've been happily married now for 22 years to a wonderful man, so there definitely can be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid
    As a side note, I've been happily married now for 22 years to a wonderful man, so there definitely can be light at the end of the tunnel.
    Aw rose, I love happy endings.

Another little tidbit from the story......when my ex and I bought our first home together, the house across the street was owned by a single guy who was working in Indonesia and renting his house out. About a year after my ex and I split up, the guy across the street returned home, we met, fell in love, and he's now my #1 fan, (and me, his). This is all true. Marriage can be hard work.....we've endured him having cancer, me almost dying from a tubal pregnancy, and other trials, but have also had wonderfully great things happen like the adoption of our daughter (now 17), and simply knowing that we will always support each other in good and bad times.

I hope my story can encourage others to keep your hopes up. I was 31 when we married, and thought I was meant to go through life alone until suddenly *poof* there he was right across the street.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

That is so wonderful Rose. I'm glad it worked out so well for you.
    Wishing you both happiness and continued health.

FORT Fogey
    That's a great story, roses! Sometimes you find "the one" when you least expect it. How romantic

Here's my take on it. First of all I'm divorced, she was running guys through my house while I was working like it was the drive thru at McDonalds. Cheaters suck IMHO. I just don't understand why he would not contact you regardless of the situation. If he cares, why doesn't he call? The fact that she filed for a divorce has nothing to do with it. Once again, it's a classic case of not treating you with respect. I also believe that the majority of those involved in a cheating situation are not the ones that usually end up together. When you finally get your freedom you're not about to get tied down again. You want to go shopping, see what you can find, new models are out there, etc. Run Erin, run fast and far. Don't be used and disrespected.

Great advice from all here! Wow!!! Just a thought on the email question...

Three years ago last week I sent an email to a guy that worked in the same office building as I did. We didn't work for the same company, per se, but we were on the same network, therefore, I could find his email easily. Anyway, I had seen him around the building and asked the maintenance guy for his name. I sent him the email on the Friday morning, he read it on Tuesday and responded, we met for drinks that Thursday and have been together ever since. The fact that I couldn't speak when he was around wasn't helping the situation, so email it had to be! It worked and I'm completely in love and happy for it, but I also don't have a regret for not doing it. I say go for what you want, the worst that can happen is hearing the word "No".

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Djgirl, sometimes you have little to lose and a lot to gain in taking that small gamble
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

+ Reply to Thread