+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 284 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    I finally pluck the courage to talk to him because it's the last class today. We're going to have a break for 6 weeks of holidays here.

I figured if I talk to him today, I'll either have 6 weeks to 'recover' if he rejects my acquaintance and see that the infatuation wasn't mutual, or more time to get to know each other without the constrains of class.

Then, he didn't come today. Thus the wait continues....
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

aw, man, ue... that stinks! Now you have to wait 6 weeks??? *sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    All is not lost Speedy .. its not just firemen that women swoon for .. its just about any man in community service uniform. Mention that you belong to the Coast Guard and the women will fall at your feet just as quickly... as long as you aren't sporting that Frank Zappa look
    What about my Starfleet uniform? Will that work? I even have captain's pips...

Princess
    Starfleet uniform...

Quote Originally Posted by Modesty
    Starfleet uniform...
    Oh, don't make me put on the Starfleet uniform, Modesty. The funny part is they think I'm kidding.

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I have a hypothetical question for the men....if you really like a girl (as opposed to just wanting a booty call) would you 1) call her frequently and ask her stuff like "when can I see you again?" 2) give her out of this world compliments and/or 3) ask serious questions about likes/dislikes and her views on relationship stuff? Are these tactics a disguise or for real?

Just curious....I have my opinion, but I don't want to express it just yet.
    Hmm..It depends, I usually just let things progress on their own.

A - is not my thing. In fact, I hate it when girls call everyday. Why can't we just catch up once a week? This of course does not count calls with a purpose such as meeting up or going out somewhere..just those calls where it gets so boring that there are long pauses. I don't see the point.

B - The less frequent and the smaller the compliments the better imo.

C - This one is weird, you obviously want to get to know the person better..but all in good time.

So, if you are getting too much of A and B...probably just a disguise...C, however, is needed to get into conversations, but not too much. Everything should just come out in time.

But yeah, just some of my ramblings.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    I know how to use a hose and a ladder. Now all I need is one of those hats and the yellow raincoat thingy.
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

My newest relationship problem.

I have been seeing a married guy. (I know, I know, Shame on me.) We have been seeing each other for a few weeks now. His wife just filed for divorce beginning of last week. I have not heard from him since Thursday and we usually see each other a 2-3 times a week. I can't call him because he and his wife are still living in the same house. Should I just assume the worst or am I just being impatient?

Erin,

One word: run.

*not that I'm even remotely qualified to give relationship advice, but I was you once.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

He may just be in shock cause SHE filed. and you should be too.
    at least the divorce is starting - I'd just sit tight and see how it all works out. If it was meant to be, now he is free to actually see you. If not, he's the scum of the earth and you are better off without him.

+ Reply to Thread