+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 284 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Just to help you guys out.... Jahim is a guy. Fabulous advice, all, and I think it still definitely applies, but... just wanted to correct the gender issue.

and phat... I'm surprised we put up with you guys, too.

No friggin way! Some deserve to have their a$$es hanging from a tree but i guess that's just me...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by phat32
    How is that possible? This violates one of the sacred laws: "Ladiez like firemen." They choose calendars with your friends. There are women out there who'd set their own kitchens on fire so that you'd show up to rescue them.
    Yep, but there's one problem...I'm not a fireman.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Yep, but there's one problem...I'm not a fireman.
    Next thing you'll tell me, we've having this conversation on the (finger quotes) "Internet," that none of this is (finger quotes) "real." [...] Wait...keyboard...Internet connection...

Okay, so I'm an idiot. But the profile pic threw me a curve. If you've still got that T-shirt, though, I say wear it to your nearest bar. Just watch Backdraft first so you sound like you know what you're talking about.

go try it out this weekend, speedy. Let us know if it works.

Dude, go for it. Here, I'll even give you an opening line:

(Wear that shirt, smear a little soot on your face, and walk up to the bar and stand next to some ladiez on a girls' night out.)

You: Hey, buddy, let me get a beer.

Bartender: Sure. Long day, chief?

You: (shakes head sadly) I tell ya. Pulling all those kittens out of a burning orphanage sure makes a man mighty thirsty. But it was worth it to see the look on those orphans' faces.

Bartender: The next one's on me.

Girls' Night Out Crowd: (swoon!)

That's good.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I'm swooning just thinking of it.

Phat, how did you find the soft spot in our gender's underbelly? I remember "having" to call the fire department when I managed an apartment building. They showed up like Hawaiian Tropic models, one after another with their hats and their overalls and their hoses.
    I had to call my girlfriend and then my gay friend just to report that I had, like, six firemen in my basement.
    The general consensus: they've got the cops' sexiness but without the power trips.
    Oh yeah, we like.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by candor
    Phat, how did you find the soft spot in our gender's underbelly?
    Good use of "soft underbelly." That's funny.

To answer your question: I don't know, maybe it's because every commercial on TV that features a group of women drinking fruit wine or eating yogurt has to, by law, mention their love of firemen at least once (often twice)?

Let me tell you a little story: When I was in elementary school, one of my classmate's father was a fireman. Once, some of the teachers talked him into giving a (finger quotes) "career talk." In hindsight, it was just an excuse to get him to show up in our class.

Well, my old spinster fifth grade teacher thanked him for the talk afterward, and I noticed she had a hard time standing up straight--she also fidgeted with her skirt a lot and kept touching her hair.

Another time, he showed up in our cafeteria at lunchtime to pick up my friend, Alicia. The yard monitors tracked his progress across the cafeteria and dropped their whistles. Even the little girls in our class stared at him with their square pizzas poised halfway to their mouths.

Sooo...I put 2 and 2 together, and came up with 5.

All is not lost Speedy .. its not just firemen that women swoon for .. its just about any man in community service uniform. Mention that you belong to the Coast Guard and the women will fall at your feet just as quickly... as long as you aren't sporting that Frank Zappa look
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread