+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I'm struggling as to how to tell a friend of mine that the reason she never goes on more then 1 or 2 dates with a guy is because I think she focuses too much on how she doesn't need a guy at all, she is very vocal about how she makes as much as any man, she can fix things, she independent, she's smart. etc etc. I mean great, but I think she scares them off. Then she talks about how this proves men don't like smart women. No, I think it proves men don't care for women who make a production about pointing out how they don't need one.
    Move over, nlmcp, I'm on the same bench as you with struggling with "Should I/Shouldn't I" just tell our roommate, Michele, the TRUTH about why she turns men off and probably will be alone for the rest of her life unless she's willing to put in a WHOLE LOT OF EFFORT.

Mind you, I wouldn't normally say a thing to her, if she didn't weekly (sometimes daily or hourly) call either Sally or I or sit down with us when she gets home and bore us to death with her love life or lack there of. Enough already, Girlfriend: We don't ask you about your dates, we don't care about your dates, and YES!!!, we know exactly why your dates are failing!!! When you act like Homer Simpson, dress in intentionally torn concert t-shirts from 10 years ago (during your Glory Years), don't know a THING about World Events beyond when the next concert date for Depeche Mode is, and pepper you every day language with words like "faggot and re-tard"...and insist on dating men who aren't like you, than you're headed down a one way street called Disaster! What Michele says she wants is "a well-toned, muscular guy who smells good, looks good, is good in bed, has a good job, a fun sense of humor and a good education." Did I mention that she's at least 80-100 pounds over-weight, has a High School Education, loves to burp after ever meal and drink (never, ever excusing herself) and despises dressing up? WHAT drug are you on, Michele, that makes you think you can attract the Whole Package when you're a Brown Paper Bag and proud of it???

Her last heart break was when a man she had been e-dating for 1.5 years, took a plane and four days off to meet and be with her, and left after 3 days, taking himself to the airport. Lord knows how she represented herself if he was that disappointed/pissed off. We met him and he was quite charming and cultured and what Michele disclosed is that he found her "boring and oafish". Poor thing, she had to ask us what "oafish" meant.

When I've talked to her and asked her why she doesn't date men that "like to drink Bud, talk sports, burp out loud, and are Rednecks like herself," she says, "Cause why would I date someone like me? Opposites attract, ya'know."

Not. THAT. opposite., My Dear.

Some people, want the sky but are unwilling to make the climb, themselves, to get there. They just want the sky to come to them.
    Last edited by lambikins; 12-30-2005 at 08:40 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

omg, lambi, you're killin' me! That is the funniest post I've read in a while!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

OMG! - I'm spitting Pepsi through my nose!
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Lambi, can I steal that line??? "WHAT drug are you on that makes you think you can attract the Whole Package when you're a Brown Paper Bag and proud of it???"

I'd like to ask that of half of the men that I meet.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Lambi, can I steal that line??? "WHAT drug are you on that makes you think you can attract the Whole Package when you're a Brown Paper Bag and proud of it???"

I'd like to ask that of half of the men that I meet.
    You have my absolute permission to do so, Broadway!

I'm glad that you found the post funny, lildago, gabriel, and Broadway.

I just "calls 'em like I sees 'em."

Sometimes people have really legit complaints as to why they haven't had success finding someone, but when you not only are the Train Wreck but then throw the switch to send yourself reeling down the tracks, you only have yourself to blame!

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

I was going to say I cannot believe this is a real person, but actually I DO believe it...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Lambikins, that paper bag line is classic! I love it...
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins View Post
    Her last heart break was when a man she had been e-dating for 1.5 years, took a plane and four days off to meet and be with her, and left after 3 days, taking himself to the airport. Lord knows how she represented herself if he was that disappointed/pissed off. We met him and he was quite charming and cultured and what Michele disclosed is that he found her "boring and oafish". Poor thing, she had to ask us what "oafish" meant.
    E-dating for a year and a half? And she didn't think she should represent herself better for their meeting? Sheesh, sounds like she needs to buy a clue!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by PGM35 View Post
    E-dating for a year and a half? And she didn't think she should represent herself better for their meeting? Sheesh, sounds like she needs to buy a clue!
    And a dictionary

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I was going to say I cannot believe this is a real person, but actually I DO believe it...
    Yuppers, gabriel, she's the "real deal", in so far as my NOT exaggerating one iota of her being, in fact, I've chosen to not disclose some of her other habits because she truly would appear to be a creation of my imagination.

The latest dating update from her: She got an unsolicited email from a guy who read her profile on one of these "Getting to Know you...getting to know all about you" spaces. That was Christmas Day. She emailed him back, they talked on the phone----ONCE---and they agreed to meet at a local bar on the 30th of December. Michele was [i]adamant[/u] that she "wasn't going to screw it up, like she did 'last' time", so she was going to "play it slow".

Slow meant, meeting him, making out with him in the bar, following him back to his place and sleeping with him. No, not having SEX with him, but sleeping with him "for company". She said she had not shaved her legs, that's why she didn't have sex with him.

She is now flummoxed because he hasn't called her back, although she thinks the date went "really well." Oh, also, the guy is "getting divorced" but his wife still lives in the house with him; she was on Christmas vacation.

I. Kid. You. Guys, not!!!

She and I went out yesterday, because Sally is still gone and we were both bored so we caught a movie together. That's when she told me the dating story and wanted to know if she should "email him and find out why he hasn't called her." She claims that "if he doesn't call me I don't care", to which I said, "Well, if you don't care if he calls you back, then why do you have to email him and tell him that you want to 'take it slow' after you've already gone from A to X with him, on the first meeting???"

She said that she didn't want him to think she was a slut, and poor dear, I told her it was just too late for that opinion to be changed.

I like Michele, I really do, and my heart aches when I hear her desperate stories of trying to hook up with someone/anyone to ease the loneliness that's so huge within her. She turned 30 and feels like a waste; she continues to compare herself to ALL of her friends who are married and have children by now, including her own two sisters. But, she is in extreme need of getting therapy and also dealing with her addictive personality which includes over-eating/over-drinking/over-sexing. Until she does, she will never find peace with herself or from someone else.

+ Reply to Thread