+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Thank you Snoopy and Pomeraniac for your well wishes. I really appreciate the kind words.

Have a great holiday everyone-- and don't drink too much spiked egg nog!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    Hear, hear gabriel!!!! Every time I start thinking about how much I think I want a "soul mate" I look around at all the freedoms I have and what a slob I am. I am my own soul mate... being a Gemini and all.

*HIGH FIVES* w/gutmutter and her BLUE hair..... and I am an independent stubborn Libra, so totally set in my ways since I was 25..... But happy AS a clam...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I'm on a dating break. I wasn't doing it right and seemed like I made the same errors I did in picking a husband. So, I'm not even thinking about dating. But I do need to think about getting out of the house on non dates.
    Now you're getting smart! You might be real surprised to find out how much fun you can have this way. Even more so if you start doing some things without even a buddy with you. There's a whole nuther world out there, and you'd be surprised. I like it so much that even though I do have a SO, I do a whole lot of stuff, and even at least a week of vacation per year, all alone. You'll manage to have conversations with all kinds of cool people you would have never spoken to if you had a companion.(Of course, be safe and just walk off afterward) Just git out there!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Well, I tried Curling last night for the first time. A girlfriend of mine has gotten into it recently and she took me to the local curling place. It was fun. Cold. but fun. I was cheating and using the stick (the old person way I was told) but it's the easiest way to get into right now without learning the slide and balance. Still with the stick it's a little hard to figure out how to aim the darn thing.

you are right QueenB, I need to get out and try things. In a few weeks there is a divorced group having a social event and I need to go, just to go.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    Well, I tried Curling last night for the first time. A girlfriend of mine has gotten into it recently and she took me to the local curling place. It was fun. Cold. but fun. I was cheating and using the stick (the old person way I was told) but it's the easiest way to get into right now without learning the slide and balance. Still with the stick it's a little hard to figure out how to aim the darn thing.

you are right QueenB, I need to get out and try things. In a few weeks there is a divorced group having a social event and I need to go, just to go.
    Never tried curling, but it looked pretty cool last time I saw it at the winter Olympics. You need to get a Canadian or Norweigan to teach you how to do it. They're the best at it.

Anyway, good luck with the social scene. Hope yours is better than mine is at the moment...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

OK, some of you know that I haven't dated in many years. Make that many, many, many years. Anyway, there is a guy that I think I'm interested in. We've been flirting for a few years now. He asked me out last year and I wasn't quite ready yet and I explained that to him. As this past year went by, I realized that I trusted him, which is very important to him. I made lasagna for him and his kids, who were visiting. Last week, in our flirting, I said the ball was in his court if he still wanted to go out. Do I wait for him to ask? (It's been over 35 years since I dated-what is the norm now?)

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    First of all Famita Congrats for taking a leap after all these years!

What was his response when you told him the ball was in his court? It sounds like you two know each other very well if you cooked dinner for him and his children, so I see no harm in starting the dialogue,especially if he's asked you out before. You might say something like "remember when you asked me out last year? Well, I'm ready."

Good luck! At a minimum, have fun!
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple View Post
    I don't know what my problem is, really. If I knew, I probably wouldn't be on here bitching about it (since I'd probably have a girlfriend or at least someone I was seeing).

I guess I could blame the girls. After all, it's always someone else's fault... isn't it?
    Wasn't that George's line???
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Good luck Famita. I guess if you know him pretty well that is a good line to use. Shoot, I might ask him out for coffee or something but what you said would also work.

I have no idea what to tell you YA. I'm struggling as to how to tell a friend of mine that the reason she never goes on more then 1 or 2 dates with a guy is because I think she focuses too much on how she doesn't need a guy at all, she is very vocal about how she makes as much as any man, she can fix things, she independent, she's smart. etc etc. I mean great, but I think she scares them off. Then she talks about how this proves men don't like smart women. No, I think it proves men don't care for women who make a production about pointing out how they don't need one.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Thanks Igota and Nancy-I think if I feel I can do it without stuttering, I'll have it made! I have decided to go to a New Year's party by myself. I don't know a lot of people who will be there, and probably won't stay long, but at least I'll be going. Then I can go home and curl up with a great book!! Oh well.

YA, what I would do if I were you is keep trying. I'm hoping it's not as long for you as it has been for me.

+ Reply to Thread