+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Relationship Challenged

Oh giz, I just back tracked and read your post, sorry I missed it earlier.

I would be honest with the kids. Tell them you are living seperatly at this time and you aren't sure what is going to happen, but what ever happens, their mom and dad love them and will always take care of them. Lying to them just adds to the tension.

As for the rest. Whatever your comfort level is. My ex comes to the house and stays during the day when the kids are sick and I can't get off. So far it has worked well. He wanted so bad to put in the divorce degree that we would do "nesting" that the kids would stay in the home and we would move in and out for custody. My lawyer said no way. His lawyer said no way. I told the ex, we could work something out on our own. Funny thing is, since moving out, he hasn't been back here to spend the night. Not even when I offered.

You decide what you are comfortable with. Not what he is comfortable with.

Good luck.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Stay away for 2 months and you miss 12 pages. Too lazy to backtrack, so I don't know if anyone asked about me (if not, too bad).

My year is done. The membership to the dating service has expired and I will not be renewing it. Not that it was a BAD experience, but none of the women I met really did anything for me. A few I sort of liked and there might have been some possibilities, but they weren't interested in pursuing it. So, I guess that's that. Apparently, I'm just not cut out for a relationship...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Apple View Post
    Apparently, I'm just not cut out for a relationship...
    Dude...! Look, everyone's already given you a ton of advice, but, really, it all boils down to five words: Just put the mack down.

I don't know. I mean, I guess since we live in the same town, we can meet up after New Year's or something, and I can give you some lessons, a la Will Smith in Hitch--not that I know anything, either, but surely, I can give you the basics... (Yeah, yeah, I know. Some of y'all would pay admission to see that.)
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things donít always soften the bad things, but...the bad things donít always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

dvm
    Get off the hate train.
    Hi. I've actually just broken up with my boyfriend of 4 years just in time to be alone for Christmas. What's worse is that my family recently found out that my uncle has lung cancer and was given 2 months to live. Everything looks pretty bleek to me right now.

So just remember kids, it can always be worse. Be happy for your health and enjoy the short amount of time you have on this planet.

Hey, DVM, I'm into the third year of my breakup from my boyfriend of ten years. I know where you are right now! I am not sure that I will EVER get over it, but at least my kids and family are happy and healthy. They say time heals all wounds, but I like to think that time wounds all heels!
    Go Tigers!

I'm on a dating break. I wasn't doing it right and seemed like I made the same errors I did in picking a husband. So, I'm not even thinking about dating. But I do need to think about getting out of the house on non dates.

Of course this is my worse time of year, I'm ready for bed at 8pm.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp View Post
    I'm on a dating break.

I've been on a dating break for years now. It's all about ME ME ME now.
    Actually I've found out I am so much better being alone. Contrary to popular belief being alone, DOES NOT make one lonely.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Hear, hear gabriel!!!! Every time I start thinking about how much I think I want a "soul mate" I look around at all the freedoms I have and what a slob I am. I am my own soul mate... being a Gemini and all.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by dvm View Post
    Hi. I've actually just broken up with my boyfriend of 4 years just in time to be alone for Christmas. What's worse is that my family recently found out that my uncle has lung cancer and was given 2 months to live. Everything looks pretty bleek to me right now.
    Oh dvm, I'm so sorry to read this!

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by dvm
    So just remember kids, it can always be worse. Be happy for your health and enjoy the short amount of time you have on this planet.

Thanks for the profound reminder of what's important.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by phat32 View Post
    Dude...! Look, everyone's already given you a ton of advice, but, really, it all boils down to five words: Just put the mack down.

I don't know. I mean, I guess since we live in the same town, we can meet up after New Year's or something, and I can give you some lessons, a la Will Smith in Hitch--not that I know anything, either, but surely, I can give you the basics... (Yeah, yeah, I know. Some of y'all would pay admission to see that.)
    I don't know what my problem is, really. If I knew, I probably wouldn't be on here bitching about it (since I'd probably have a girlfriend or at least someone I was seeing).

I guess I could blame the girls. After all, it's always someone else's fault... isn't it?
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

+ Reply to Thread