+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 284 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Relationship Challenged

The "booty calls" I've been involved with have known that going in. I can't really think of anyone I've ever played that game with just to score. As far as calling "all the time" that depends on how long we've been seeing each other and how involved we are. Compliments are just me being me. . I guess it's hard for me to think about messing with someones emotions 'cause that just isn't me. Don't like it being done to me and won't do it to anyone else.

Unk...I can just picture you making a booty call wearing your Rooster suit.

Quote Originally Posted by applesauce
    Unk...I can just picture you making a booty call wearing your Rooster suit.
    Ain't nothin' wrong, Ah say there ain't nothin' wrong with a little role playin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jahim
    Waiting does suck too... If it were up to me, I'd rather just have him tell me he wants nothing to do with me, and then just be done with it if thats the case, but then when its this waiting game where it could either this or that.. it kind of sucks.. oh well.. who knows... well, I suppose he does.. lol
    Good luck Jahim. I truly hope he gives you a chance. If a romantic relationship doesn't develop I hope you guys can move on and go back to being friends.

Due to a number of circumstances it's been YEARS since I've been in the dating game. I was recently introduced to someone. We've seen each other at this friend's house a couple of times and have hit if off although we were never able to break away from everyone and have a real conversation. He has been having so much on his plate recently that he called once (a couple of weeks ago) and explained what was going on and that he would call last week. In the mean time he has been sending messages to me through the friend that introduced us. At least he's been thinking about me and is interested. He called last Wednesday which was sooner than I expected. We spoke for about 30 mins. At the end he said he would call me, but with everything going on he couldn't say when. At least he was honest. Since then I've gotten a message that he said Hi. Oh well, it's a start. I like him and would like to get to know him better. I've got so much going on right now that if we get together it would be wonderful. If we don't that will be alright also.

toothdoc

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    Ain't nothin' wrong, Ah say there ain't nothin' wrong with a little role playin'.

She'll be there when I'm gone... won't she?
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I have a hypothetical question for the men....if you really like a girl (as opposed to just wanting a booty call) would you 1) call her frequently and ask her stuff like "when can I see you again?" 2) give her out of this world compliments and/or 3) ask serious questions about likes/dislikes and her views on relationship stuff? Are these tactics a disguise or for real?

Just curious....I have my opinion, but I don't want to express it just yet.
    Ah, I don't call as much as I used to, primarily because there have been instances where the girl has gotten tired of me calling her all the time. Besides, there's that old saying about "playing hard to get", etc. Plus I talk to girls online now who sometimes get tired of me telling them I like them. So no more calling and complimenting for me...
    R.I.P Willie Dog (?/?/1989-12/17/2004). Gone but never forgotten.

Welcome Zelda (and a hot of other names)! (Born 08/08/2005, adopted 10/08/2005)

Also welcome Shasta! (Born ?/?/2004, Adopted 03/??/07)

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedalife
    I have a hypothetical question for the men....if you really like a girl (as opposed to just wanting a booty call) would you 1) call her frequently and ask her stuff like "when can I see you again?" 2) give her out of this world compliments and/or 3) ask serious questions about likes/dislikes and her views on relationship stuff? Are these tactics a disguise or for real?

Just curious....I have my opinion, but I don't want to express it just yet.
    It could go either way. Just remember the old saying "actions speak louder than words".

Phonegrrrl, did he ever write you back?! I'm on the edge of my seat herre!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    DJeterFan, no he didn't e-mail me back. I'm going with the 'he's just not that into you' theory, and I'm fine with that. First, it's better to not obsess over something not ventured & have a conclusion. It's not like this guy is the only guy on the planet. Second, apparently I've started a thread to give other people a forum to get help with their own relationship issues.

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Great thread and good advice. I'm frantically writing down notes and words of wisdom as I'm relationship challenged myself.
    How is that possible? This violates one of the sacred laws: "Ladiez like firemen." They choose calendars with your friends. There are women out there who'd set their own kitchens on fire so that you'd show up to rescue them.

+ Reply to Thread