+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Home Remedies

MRD

Re: Home Remedies

We don't have the fire ant problem here we did in Florida, but once my husband treated the entire yard, then he would do a perimeter treatment about once a month. That really helped. He would just go around the border and put down ant poisen. We never have had trouble with the dogs getting into the stuff we bought for the fireants.
    I did have my 3 year old daughter try to eat it one time though. I guess the dogs were smarter.
    I'm just glad we don't have to deal with it here. Only the chipmunks are a nusiance here and they don't bite.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Fire ants are terrible. I go to visit my grandmother in Florida every fall, and she always has them. One day I was sitting in a lounge chair in her yard and one bit my toe. It hurt so bad and then I had a welt on my toe for a few days. She used to pour something on top of their mounds, but I think it was ant killer made specifically for fire ants.
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;3064317;
    Fire ants are terrible. I go to visit my grandmother in Florida every fall, and she always has them. One day I was sitting in a lounge chair in her yard and one bit my toe. It hurt so bad and then I had a welt on my toe for a few days. She used to pour something on top of their mounds, but I think it was ant killer made specifically for fire ants.
    dab the bite immediately with apple cider vinegar and it helps take the sting and welt away
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

They put fire ant killer in some lawn fertilizer's now-a-days. I just use that. I use the Scott's brand (I think it's Bonus S Max or something like that). I spread it on the grass 3 times a year and only occasionally get a mound in one of the flower beds. I don't have pets but I have tons of birds that pick at my lawn for worms and none of those rats die.
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456