+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention Men: Important Date Looming Ahead

FORT Fogey

Attention Men: Important Date Looming Ahead

Just a reminder to all you men (and women) in relationships Valentines day is on FEB 14!!!
    Don't forget!

Again? Already?

Jeez... was this on the 14th last year too?

My parents 40th anniversary is on that day this year. That is kind of cool.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

FORT Fogey
    If their anniverssary is on the the 14 this year isn't it always?

Insert Funny "Quote" Here nofx242's Avatar
    Damn I guess that means I will have to spend the extra 40 cents and let my woman supersize her value meal.

I ignore the date as usual. Oh the kids do stuff and we get them a little candy but both my husband and I agree that the main focus of the "holiday" is to force people to spend money.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Leo
    Premium Member
    Not in a romantic relationship, so it doesn't matter.

Originally posted by nofx242
    Damn I guess that means I will have to spend the extra 40 cents and let my woman supersize her value meal.
    Dude, I rarely lol at anything online anymore, but I hafta say, you got me. Thanks for a much-needed laugh!

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    When I saw the title of this thread, my first thought was "You're kidding me? Why would Firegirl care that the NHL All-Star Game is this Sunday?"

When I read that she was actually talking about V-Day, I was a little disappointed.

Originally posted by nlmcp
    I ignore the date as usual. Oh the kids do stuff and we get them a little candy but both my husband and I agree that the main focus of the "holiday" is to force people to spend money.
    Nancy,
    Say it isn't so! Ladies, we are going to have to work really hard to get Nancy back from the brain washing she has received. It is not true, Nancy. Men just say that so they do not have to go out and buy you sweet tokens of affection. Come back to the chocolate tent with the rest of the girls and we will get you a snack and a little stuffed gorilla holding a heart. Your forehead is a little warm. Is that a little cough you have there. Someone get some hot coacoa and some rose petals, STAT. We have a case of unsentimental OD here. It is time to detox Nancy and bring her back to the world of Chocolates and roses. We cannot let another woman fall by the Valentine's Day wayside. I recomend Smily Therapy. Time for a

Just kidding Nancy! I usually buy something small for Mr. Feifer and he says,"Wow, this is so nice. I never would have expected this. It is just so out of the blue. It is not my birthday or Christmas. Is it Father's Day already? I guess I missed Mother's Day then huh?". He does not care for greeting card/flowershop set holidays either. He is convinced that it is a plan to make people buy more chocolate. It works. I buy some for myself every VD.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

Originally posted by nlmcp
    Mrs j & I don't go in for the traditional candy, flowers, cards, jewelry thing either. We just treat each other extra special & maybe go out to eat or fix a nice dinner at home. Like Christmas, it's more about the ones you love than what you spend. But it's still a day that we enjoy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast