+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any EX Smokers here?

thanks again you guys. I haven't had a cigarette in 9 days!! My mouth is cut up from straws so I have to cut down on them .....i yiyi

I've been excercising like a mad woman. I have so much energy! A little too much -I've got wicked insomnia
    I take the patch off but, still am not sleeping too much. A friend of mine reminded me that this will go on for probably a few weeks.

I almost smoked Saturday night. I don't know how I got through what I got through but, I haven't had a puff!

This is cute. Hope it gives someone a laugh. I've been grouchy and losing my temper (driving is difficult) and I've been on the verge of tears (unlike me) a little bit too much but, I've been laughing a lot more too and just feeling "lighter". Very good feeling to not have a dirty little drug controlling me!
    Went to a store I go to on a regular basis and the guy says, marlbros? I said nope! I quit (I had already told him) I grabbed some M&Ms and a water and he asked how long - then he said, "you'll be smoking again soon"......I wanted to smack him upside the head!!!!!!!
    Anyway, this is really cute and I opened it up at a perfect time (I really needed the laugh it gave me and I totally relate with #1)

10 WAYS TO KNOW IF YOUR QUIT IS WORKING

1. Everyone around you has an attitude problem.
    2. You're adding chocolate chips to your cheese omelet
    3. The dryer has shrunk every last pair of your jeans.
    4. Your spouse and kids are suddenly agreeing to everything you say.
    5. You're using your cell phone to dial up every bumper sticker that says: "How's my driving-call 1- 800-"
    6. Everyone's head looks like an invitation to batting practice.
    7. Everyone seems to have just landed here from "outer space."
    8. You can't believe they don't sell Skittles by the truckload.
    9. You're sure that everyone is scheming to drive you crazy.
    10. The gallon-sized candy jar is empty and you just filled it this morning.
    The Pats will be back next year. Watch out.....

Yeah, but don't you feel proud?

Yay! JamiLee! Good job! Nine days? That's awesome!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Congratulations, JamiLee - keep up the good work
    (I'll get looking for a Straw Chewing Cessation program for you )
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Jami - I am so proud of you! Keep up the strength girl, you are doing GREAT!

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    way to go lady, they say the first two weeks are the toughest, but then your body will have got all the nicotine out and then its smooth sailing.

Lotus. I'm so sorry about your dad. I HATE this addiction.

I wanted to say thanks to you all !! Too sweet and when I saw the congrats (love the rolling one) it just made me smile. It's nice to come back here and read this thread and remember how it was to do this in the beginning (I felt like it might not happen)
    20 days today!! I'm on my way to being a non-smoker! I just had to get up to this few weeks. I had it stuck in my head if I can make it 3 weeks I'll be on my way!! I'm doing great (still have a tough time driving) drove about 10 hours this past Friday (was in N.Y with the real crzy drivers) and boy did I go through some straws (ADK that was the best advice)!! I had a tooth pulled way, way in the back and had to switch sides as it wasn't fully healed and that's why it was hurting there. My dentist reminded me to use the straw on the other side of my mouth. Anyone that wants to quit should get a big box of them! I am a new iced coffee lover too!! Yummy! I don't know how I never got into drinking it in the past. (the carmel flavored ones from dunkies are to die for)
    I also have not drank any alcohol except one night last week I went to a friend's bar for a great Sox game GO SOX (we can smoke in there unlike other establishments) and I had way too hard a time after a few beers and everyone smoking. I won't put myself in that situation until I can really handle it. The smoke isn't smelling bad yet. I know it will though soon. My daughter is home for the summer and she is just so happy I'm quit and she knows I'm really done with it. I got big, big hugs Friday when I met her to help her home from college! (in the past it was ewww mom the cigarettes stink)!!
    I'm very proud of myself!! Thanks to you all for the great support I got here!
    I love this site!
    Again, good luck to anyone trying and congrats to anyone that has kicked!
    It's so worth it!!
    And my teeth are like this now already:
    p.s Joeguy, thanks! The reason I'm saying not ex-smoker yet is because I am still using the patch. I still have the nicotine but, not for long!!
    edited to add 21 days today!!! woohoo!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JamiLee; 05-22-2005 at 07:13 AM.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    way to go lady I am so proud of you to hang in there after the smoking bar. thats a good test to pass.

Thanks again Joeguy It's a test I'm not going to take again for awhile though! I almost caved - and that is probably the only time (I can think of at the moment) that I really came close to slipping.
    I'll watch the games at friend's houses where everyone has to go outside to smoke...and no more drinking. I cannot believe how much drinking and smoking go together! Initially, I thought coffee I'd have to stop. Doesn't bother me at all. Just cold beer.... I love budlight but, love my lungs more
    thanks again

JamiLee, Im so PROUD of you!!! Keep it up, girl...you're on your way.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

Hi whoever reads this

Just wanted to say
    I have 50 days smoke-free today!!! I don't know why 50 days feels like an accomplishment to me but, certain amounts of time I get smoke free I feel like I'm due to celebrate. (does that make sense)....
    I am still driving myself a little crazy. People around me can attest to that. People on here I'm sure I annoy at times. Sorry about that. I'm extremely hyper. It's like I've had 20 cups of coffee and I race. I type before I think here and in 3D land I talk before I think. I've learned I have some work to do on myself in these 50 kooky days.

A lot of you on here have been so helpful and encouraging and I wanted to say thanks. Also, if anyone is trying to quit - this is a great place for support and really helped me at different times.

I rewarded myself at 3 weeks - 30 days - this 50 days was my next big success (maybe because when my father quit he mentioned days) or someone in the past. The next "big one" won't be until 75 days. I feel like if I can get past 4 months I can do this forever.

Again, anyone trying to quit, this is wonderful for support on here and there is a lot of good advice in this thread as well.

+ Reply to Thread