+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Any EX Smokers here?

Awww Rattus - It's so hard, I know! You are AWESOME for quitting! Don't reduce how difficult this passt year has been - especially since you miss it & love it. I know how hard it's been, and trite isn't a word I would select for this accomplishment! Live it up baby! You've had a helluva year! Make sure to reward yourself for that accomplishment - I went to the theatre to see "Les Mis" for my 1 year anniversary - I'm already planning for my 2 year!

Buffy: What is this?
    Willow: A doodle. I do doodle. You too. You do doodle, too. ("Gingerbread")

Xander: Damn it! You know what? I'm sick of this crap. I'm sick of being the guy who eats insects and gets the funny syphilis. As of this moment, it's over. I'm finished being everybody's butt monkey! ("Buffy vs. Dracula")

Good news about my relapse. I've now quit again and its been long enough that I think I'm done with it for good. For the second time. Hopefully I'll be smart enough not to do that again.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Good for you Star! Here's a little treat for you.

YUMMMMM!!! Thanks Unk!
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Well im proud for everyone that quit and is trying to quit ! im the newbie so i know no one but u guys keep the good work

Just saw this thread and couldn't help but brag....uh....I mean post something. Yipee and yahoo..........I am scooting close to my 10th month without a puff. Looking real forward to being able to say that its been a whole YEAR since I've smoked.
    Still can't believe I did it. My elbow hurts so much from patting myself on the back so much.
    Only problem is.......I've gained 12 lbs. and believe me when I tell you I didn't need that little leech hanging on me. But, I will take care of that little problem when I hit my year mark. Don't want to add to much to my plate all at once...you know what I mean.
    Any suggestions?
    The stars at night...are big and bright

GOOD for you, Lonestar!!! You are still much better off health-wise since you quit smoking, even though you added a few pounds. One step at a time...conquer this one, first. You can always work on your weight afterwards. Congrats to you!!!
    Last edited by angelic_one2002; 11-05-2005 at 02:36 PM.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Thanks Angelic

Good advice...appreciate.
    The stars at night...are big and bright

I Curse Great American Smokeout Day!

So it's 9 am and I'm having my third smoke break of the day. When I come back into the office, my receptionist, Pamela, looks at me and says, "Andy, did you know it's the day of the Great American Smokeout?"

"I smokeout every day, Pam," I tell her.

"No, it means you have to stop smoking for 24 hours. Can you do that, do you think? Can you stop smoking for 24 hours?"

I thought about it. I'm always up for a challenge. "Sure, why not? I can do this. A day? Hey, no problem-o. I'll be a non-smoking dynamo."

"Okay, starting now. Until 9:30 tomorrow."

Really, this isn't the time for me to stop smoking for 24 hours. My National Novel Writing Month book is in its final stages. I've been smoking two packs a day to get through it. I am in the middle of luring a new client to the firm. It's all very stressful.

This is how I think the rest of the workday is going to go, and how it’s gone already.

10 am: First cravings. My co-worker, Warren, looks at me and says, "Do you need some gum?

"Does it have nicotine in it?" I ask him.

“No, but the fresh air in your lungs will be good for you.” He thinks, then says, “Of course, you could keel over dead from all that fresh air because your system isn’t used to it.”

11 am: My accountant, Ashley, looks at Pam and asks, "Why is Andy rocking himself in a corner?"

Pam tells her I'm participating in the Great American Smokeout.

"Holy cats! How is he going to get through it?" she asks.

12 pm: Lunch break. I usually enjoy a cigarette after lunch. But not today. Today, I chew a straw. Somehow, it doesn't give me the same head rush, elevated heart rate or spike in blood pressure that smoking does.

1 pm: My hands are shaking more than normal and I'm jittery. As I’m leaving the restaurant where I had lunch, another man jostles me without saying “Excuse me.”

I grab him by the lapels and scream in his face: "DO I LOOK LIKE A MAN YOU SHOULD SCREW WITH?”

2 pm: Look who's here. It's my old friend Joe Camel. And he's with his friends, the Hard Pack. One looks ready to ride a motorcycle. Another looks like he's playing in a jazz band. Joe himself pulls up in a convertible and gets out with two good-looking female camels.

"Hey, daddy-o," Joe Camel tells me. "Why not have a cigarette RIGHT NOW? You'll feel so much better. All the cool kids are doing it."

"Go away, Joe Camel," I tell him. "I don't need your lies in my life right now."

"You'll regret this later, ya dig?" Joe Camel says. He turns up the collar on his leather jacket, snaps his fingers, and the female camels hop back in the convertible with him.

3 pm: Eight Mountain Dews, two packs of Orbit gum and three chocolate granola bars later, I still don't have the buzz from one cigarette.

4 pm: My phone rings. After staring at it for six rings, I pick it up.

"Hello?" I say tentatively.

"It's time for your 4 pm cigarette, cool cat," Joe Camel tells me. "Are you ready to go outside now?"

I hang up without saying anything.

5 pm: Somehow, I've made it. Proud of my own resolve, I whistle as I head for the parking lot, ready to go home for the night.

The police won't discover the bodies of my co-workers until tomorrow. By then, I'll be across state lines...enjoying a cigarette as I drive, of course.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

not a smoker but I just thought this cartoon was funny...my boss chews that gum and we're constantly giving him a hard time
    Last edited by bbnbama; 03-11-2006 at 07:48 PM.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

+ Reply to Thread